The RockJock 44 JK front crate axle (CE-KF4401Z48) delivers superior strength in a light-weight package that's designed for heavy off-road use in your Wrangler. Built to a premium standard with a reinforced center section, large diameter tubes, and forged knuckles, the RockJock 44 eliminates the common failure points of the stock JK front axle.
Features and Benefits:
- RockJock high-pinion nodular-iron center section with high-strength walls and webbing
- Zip Locker for air-activated on demand traction
- Large 3 inch diameter .375 inch thick wall axle tubes are more than twice as strong as stock
- RockJock heavy duty forged inner knuckles, designed for use with up to 37 inch tall tires
- 4340 Chromoly axles provide superior strength over OEM axles
- RockJock nodular-iron differential cover to defend against those unfortunate rock encounters
- Upper control arm mounts feature rebuildable Johnny Joints for improved articulation
- Lower control arm mounts are one piece construction with integrated skid plates
The RockJock 44 front crate axle is a direct bolt-in solution that reduces the overall cost by enabling you to retain the complete stock outer knuckle assemblies (brakes, hubs etc.) and stock wheel bolt pattern.
- Recommended maximum 37-inch tire size due to the inherent limitations of the stock brakes, wheel bearings, and axle U-joints.
- Center Section: RockJock 44 high-pinion nodular-iron center section
- Gear Set: 4.88 - Larger/stronger Dana 44 8.8 inch late model JK ring and pinion set
- Pinion Yoke: 1350 U-joint
- Differential Cover: RockJock nodular-iron cover with gasketed fill plug with dipstick, Red
- Axle Tubes: 3 inch diameter, .375 wall DOM tube
- Axles: 4340 chromoly inner/outer axles with 1350 u-joints
- Knuckles: RockJock heavy duty forged inner knuckles with ball joints installed
- Suspension Brackets: Heavy gauge 3/16 inch laser cut steel brackets
- Control Arm Mounts: Upper control arm mounts include rebuildable Johnny Joints, Lower control arm mounts are 1 piece construction with integrated skid plate
- Geometry: Optimized for 4 inch lift kit with 5 degrees of pinion angle to reduce driveshaft angle and 5 degrees of caster for improved steering
- Width: 65.375 inches between wheel mounting surfaces (stock JK width)
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5 on 5 inch with 1/2 inch studs (standard JK pattern)