T5 Transmission Conversion Kit Supreme 289/302/351 1971-1973
Supreme T5 Transmission Conversion Kit for 1971-1973 Mustangs with 289/302/351 Engines.
The supreme conversion kits includes almost everything required to convert a 71-73 manual transmission small block car over to a T5 transmission using the late model bellhousing and cable linkage setup.
Supreme T5 Conversion Kit Includes:
- New Ford T5 bellhousing (M6392E)
- Late model clutch fork (E6ZZ7515A)
- Separator plate (TSP2)
- Clutch fork cover for bellhousing (HW2942)
- Billet steel flywheel (28oz. balance)(M6375A302AB)
- 10.5" CJPP King Cobra Clutch Kit (clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing & alignment tool)(CK110)
- ARP flywheel bolts (HW912)
- Pressure plate bolts and alignment dowels (M6397A302)
- Cable clutch conversion kit (CCC3)
- Transmission mount (TM2253)
- T5 transmission crossmember (T5C8)
- T5 transmission to bellhousing bolts (HW1009)
- T5 conversion driveshaft with u-joints (DS1)
- T5 driveshaft yoke (T5Y)
- Original style shifter handle for T5 (MSL9)
- Original style 5 speed pattern shift knob (MSK26)
- 18/20/23 tooth speedo gears for a starting variety (HW1275/78/90)
Please Note: When converting a manual 289/302/351 Mustang to a T5 transmission, using a 1979-1993 late model bellhousing, you will need an aftermarket starter designed for use with a 157 tooth flywheel.
*Does NOT include transmission.
*This kit is designed for the original early engine balance of 28oz. If you are using a late model engine, you will need to change the flywheel.
*If the car being converted is an automatic transmission vehicle, you will need to source the manual pedal assembly and shifter boot/bezel parts separately.
*One thing to note of this clutch is that some 1986-1993 Ford Mustang 5.0L Bellhousings will possibly need to have the area "trimmed" in between the bottom/center and clutch release lever hole. Ford had two foundries make their bellhousings and only one has this issue, it is most common on 1989-1990 bellhousings. For some reason, the bellhousings from the one foundry had a raised "lip" that can cause contact/interference with the Pressure Plate. The area around the inside of the bellhousing needs to be trimmed approximately 8-10MM.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning