TeraFlex Ball Joint Kit With Knurl For Dana 30/44 Axles Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2018
- Hard Alloy Tool Steel
- Grease Channels For More Flow
- Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly
- OE Style Serrated Flange Nut
TeraFlex Ball Joint Kit with Knurls for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Jeep JK Wranglers with Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles.
Adding oversized tires and/or off-set wheels to your 2007-2018 Jeep JK Wrangler with Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles will increase the load weight of your rugged JK, negatively impacting ride quality and handling. This TeraFlex 3442022 Ball Joint Kit with Knurls is specifically engineered to assist in maintaining the driving comfort and stability in your upgraded JK Wrangler!
Upper Ball Joint Features and Benefits:
- Extremely hard sintered wear bushings to handle extreme side load demands without failure
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud and 1045 carbon steel housing
- Factory-style serrated flange nut and grease fitting
Lower Ball Joint Features and Benefits:
- Hard alloy tool steel slotted wear plate for ball/stud to socket wear protection
- Wear plate features grease channels for increased flow through entire joint
- Magnesium phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion and friction throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud
- Huge 30mm (1.18”) ball
- Factory style serrated flanged castle nut
- Ball joint pre-load adjustability provides the end user with near effortless wear adjustment
- Kit includes pre-load adjustment tool
- Low-profile single lip dust seal eliminates torn conventional dust boot concerns
- Adjustable ball stud retaining ring for accurate preload adjustments that can be done without any axle disassembly
- Adjustable preload can be performed with simple hand tools
- Adjustable end cap with two zerk fittings allow greasing access from either side without axle shaft removal even with larger RCV shafts
- Dual helical grease grooves machined in the retaining ring allow spent grease to exit through the low-profile seal
- Low-profile seal prevents contaminants, while allowing spent grease to evacuate from the ball joint
To stand up to the extreme side load demands that accompany upgraded wheel and tire packages, the upper ball joint incorporates hard sintered wear bushings. The included easy top access grease port yields simple maintenance for your new kit. The lower ball joint utilizes a threaded top cap that easily removes for precise and accurate pre-loads and future adjustments. Even if you’re running a larger RCV shaft, this advanced grease system allows grease servicing to be performed without axle shaft removal. A machined grease passage in the lower joint housing assembly allows for lubrication access without negatively impacting the ball joint load surface. Additionally, the elimination of the nylon ball socket wear sleeve in the lower ball joint lowers the likelihood for product failure. This kit includes everything you need to complete the installation process.
Please Note: We recommend Ball Joints without Knurls (P/N: 3442002) as they will not score the inner knuckle and open up the bore. We also offer Ball Joint with Knurls (P/N: 3442022) for ball joints that have a loose press fit in the inner knuckle due to repeated ball joint replacement or if knurled ball joints have been installed in the past.
For over 20 years, the fine folks at TeraFlex have produced some of the finest Jeep Wrangler parts and accessories on the market. Run by and for off-roading enthusiasts, TeraFlex is constantly churning out some of the most innovative Jeep parts on the market, including suspension upgrades that will allow your Wrangler to attack the terrain like never before.
Order this TeraFlex 3442022 Ball Joint Kit with Knurls for your 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018 Jeep JK Wrangler with Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles today from CJ Pony Parts.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Intermediate skill is required for this installation.