TeraFlex Ball Joint Kit Without Knurl For Dana 30/44 Axles Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2018
- Magnesium Phosphate Coating
- Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly
- 1045 Carbon Steel Housing
- OE-Style Serrated Flange Nut
TeraFlex Ball Joint Kit without Knurls for 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Jeep JK Wranglers with Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles.
Don’t let the increased load that accompanies oversized tires and offset wheels ruin the ride in your rugged 2007-2018 Jeep JK Wrangler equipped with Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles. This TeraFlex 3442002 Ball Joint Kit without Knurls is specifically designed to work with your aftermarket upgrades to yield a hardcore, off-road machine that can handle anything you throw in its way without negative impacts to your handling or ride comfort.
Upper Ball Joint Features and Benefits:
- Extremely hard sintered wear bushings to handle extreme side load demands
- Magnesium Phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud
- 1045 carbon steel housing
- Factory-style serrated flange nut and grease fitting
Lower Ball Joint Features and Benefits:
- Hard alloy tool steel slotted wear plate for ball/stud to socket wear protection
- Wear plate features grease channels for increased flow through entire joint
- Magnesium phosphate coating to inhibit corrosion and friction throughout
- Heat treated 4140 chromoly ball/stud
- Huge 30mm (1.18”) ball
- Factory style serrated flanged castle nut
- Ball joint pre-load adjustability provides the end user with near effortless wear adjustment
- Includes Pre-load Adjustment Tool
- Low-profile single lip dust seal eliminates torn conventional dust boot concerns
- Adjustable ball stud retaining ring for accurate pre-load adjustments
- Pre-load adjustments that can be done with simple hand tools and without any axle disassembly
- Adjustable end cap with two zerk fittings allow greasing access from either side without axle shaft removal even with larger RCV shafts
- Dual helical grease grooves machined in the retaining ring allow spent grease to exit through the low-profile seal
- Low-profile seal prevents contaminants, while allowing spent grease to evacuate from the ball joint
To handle the extreme side load demands without vehicle failure, the upper ball joints in this kit incorporate hard sintered wear bushings. For simple maintenance an easy-to-use top access grease port is employed. For precise and accurate pre-load and future adjustments, the lower ball joint features a threaded top cap. To avoid axle shaft removal during maintenance, even with larger RCV shafts, a truly advanced grease system is utilized in this kit. In the lower joint housing assembly, a machined grease passage provides lubrication access without affecting the ball joint load surface. Additionally, the lower ball joint does away with the nylon ball socket war sleeve as it is prone to failure. This kit gives you everything you need to complete the installation process so you can get back on the trails sooner rather than later!
Please Note: We recommend Ball Joints without Knurls (P/N: 3442002) as they will not score the inner knuckle and open up the bore. We also offer Ball Joints with Knurls (P/N: 3442022) for ball joints that have a loose press fit in the inner knuckle due to repeated ball joint replacement or if knurled ball joints have been installed in the past.
For over 20 years, the fine folks at TeraFlex have produced some of the finest Jeep Wrangler parts and accessories on the market. Run by and for off-roading enthusiasts, TeraFlex is constantly churning out some of the most innovative Jeep parts on the market, including suspension upgrades that will allow your Wrangler to attack the terrain like never before.
Order this TeraFlex 3442002 Ball Joint Kit without Knurls for your 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018 Jeep JK Wrangler with Dana 30 and Dana 44 Axles today from CJ Pony Parts.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Intermediate skill is required for this installation.