Total Control Products Right Hand Drive Manual Rack And Pinion Conversion System 351C/390/427/428 1970
Total Control Products Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System for 1965-1966 Mustangs with a 351C, 390, 427 or 428 Engine.
Free up some space in your 1970 Mustang’s engine bay for aftermarket exhaust and headers by installing this Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System (TCP RCKM315) from Total Control Products. This system is designed to fit right hand drive mustangs equipped with a 351C, 390, 427 or 428 engine.
Features & Benefits:
- Fits 1970 right hand drive Mustangs with a 351C/390/427/428 engine
- Contains manual rack and pinion unit, column steering shaft and universal joints and tie rod adapters
- Duplicates the factory travel of 6-3/8”
- Offers the most clearance for the installation of aftermarket headers and exhaust for classic Fords by keeping the steering shaft and universal joints close to the frame rail
- Allows for exact duplication of stock inner tie rod positions to maintain correct geometry
- Maximizes ground clearance by replacing factory crossmember behind the oil pan
- Stronger in both compression and torsion compared to the factory crossmember
- Steel tubing of the rack has a 20% larger diameter than the factory brace it replaces
- Provides superior road feel and steering through use of straight-cut gears
- Straight-cut gears drive the rack gear in the desired direction
This manual rack and pinion system is designed to be used with right hand drive 1970 Mustangs with an original steering column. This comprehensive kit includes a manual rack and pinion unit, column steering shaft and universal joints as well as tie rod adapters. TCP designed this system to maintain correct steering geometry, while still delivering that positive and direct steering feel that you just can’t get from an OEM unit. With the use of quick ratio, straight-cut gears, this system has a faster steering response and better steering control which is credited from a three turn lock-to-lock. This creates a more modern feel to your classic car's steering.
This manual rack and pinion system tries to reuse your factory mounting points wherever possible, as well as a mix of mounting brackets and centerlinks. This simplifies and streamlines your installation process. The mounting brackets and centerlinks are engine size specific, which accounts for oil pan clearance. Once you’ve completed your installation, the straight steel tubing of the rack will replace your factory crossmember to add more support and strength than the original one.
Please Note: This system is for use with right hand drive vehicles or when converting to a right hand drive vehicle.
Order a Total Control Products (TCP RCKM315) Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System for your 1965-1966 Mustang with a 351C, 390, 427 or 428 Engine from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Advanced skill is required for this installation.
This product will fit the following Mustang years: