The Mustang wheel market isn't very big outside the world of replica wheels unless you're looking to spend a few thousand for a custom set of wheels. Velgen Wheels is filling that void with their VMB5 style wheels.
This 20" x 9" VMB5 wheel features 10 spokes paired together. The paired spoke styling is similar to the VMB6 wheel, but the VMB5 has a fewer number of spokes. The spokes are also skinnier and reminiscent of competition wheels. A slight lip sits just behind the spokes on the barrel. The aluminum monoblock wheels are cast, then sent through three CNC machining stages for a perfect finished product. This wheel is finished with a satin bronze powder coat to create a unique appearance that will work with just about any Mustang. A stylish center cap features Velgen's name.
- Size: 20" x 9"
- Bolt Pattern: 5-Lug
- Satin Bronze Finish
- Backspacing: 6.26"
- Offset: +32MM
- Center Caps Included
Like all Velgen wheels, the 20" x 9" VMB5 wheels are low pressure cast wheels. Low pressure casting uses positive pressure to move the molten aluminum into the mold quicker. This helps improve mechanical properties and achieve a finished product that is denser than a gravity cast wheel. Low pressure casting is the most common process approved for aluminum wheels sold to the OEM market and it offers a good value for the aftermarket as well. Although low pressure casting has a slightly higher production cost over gravity casting, it allows for a higher quality product. After the VMB5 wheel is manufactured, it is put through a series of tests including radial testing, impact testing and fatigue testing. Velgen's quality control service ensures their wheels emerge with no imperfections.
Tech Tip: Available individually or as a set of four with a staggered fitment. Please see P/N: W922-B for the bundle options that include tires, TPMS, lug nuts and other available wheel and tire package accessories.
- 2005-2014 Mustang V6
- 2005-2014 Mustang GT
- 2007-2014 Shelby GT500
- 2012-2013 Boss 302
- 2015-2017 Mustang V6
- 2015-2020 Mustang EcoBoost
- 2015-2020 Mustang GT
- This wheel requires small diameter, tuner style lug nuts. Larger OEM-style lug nuts will not work.
- These wheels are NOT intended for use with 2015-2020 Shelby GT350, GT350R or GT500 Mustangs.
- Valve stem TPMS compatible for all 2005-2020 Mustangs with a tire pressure sensor in each wheel (NOT Included).
- This 20" wheel will clear all available brake kits found on any of the 2005-2020 Mustang fitments mentioned in this listing.
- The tire sizes that you can install on these wheels can go from mild to aggressive with the available offset and width. It is highly recommended that you have all the proper equipment necessary so that your vehicle can have a proper wheel alignment done by a professional in both the front and the rear of your Mustang. You may also find the need for a pair of Steering Rack Limiters depending on the ride height of your Mustang and the tires you choose to install. See P/N: HW3096 for 2005-2014 and P/N: HW4093 for 2015-2020 models.