Mustang KYB Front & Rear Excel-G Shock Kit (1965-1970) Installation Instructions
1. The installation of your new Mustang KYB Front and Rear Exel-G Shock Kit
is easiest performed in two parts: First replacing the rear shocks, then the front shocks. To get started with the rear shocks, back your car up onto the ramps. After backing onto the ramps, undo the bottom nuts on the old shocks.
3. Now, follow the same procedure for the other side.
4. Up in the trunk, pull back the Mustang trunk mat
and liner. Lift up the tar backed sound deadening paper and prop it up with a wrench. That will allow access to the Mustang shock access rubber body plugs
that cover the top shock nuts. A 9/16” deep socket works well to remove these.
5. Crawl back under the car and put the new steel washers and rubber doughnuts on the new KYB
shocks and put them in place.
6. These Mustang shocks
are gas charged, so they will hold themselves in place as you put on the lower doughnuts, washers and nuts. Torque to spec and add the jam nuts.
7. Back in the trunk, place the doughnuts, washers and nuts on the top of the shocks and tighten to spec. Replace the rubber plugs and the trunk liner. You've just completed the installation of the Mustang KYB Excel-G rear shocks
8. Jack up the front of the car and place jack stands under the frame. Take the Mustang wheels
off and raise the hood. Remove the bolts that hold the front shocks to the Mustang shock tower tops
. Then, remove the nuts from the bottom of the shocks.
11. Place the steel washers and rubber doughnuts on the bottom shock mount, and slide the assembly into the Mustang shock tower