Mustang Rear Axle 1964-2019
- Whether you need a factory-style replacement or want to upgrade to a performance-oriented set-up, shop our selection today.
- Swap out rusted components for new ones, or take things to the next level to make sure your Mustang is ready for additional horsepower.
Rear Axle Assemblies
- Shop a variety of parts and accessories to restore or enhance your Mustang's performance, especially if you're adding more power.
Ring & Pinion Gear Sets
- Optimize your final drive ratio depending on where and how you like to drive your Mustang.
Axle Bearings, Races, Seals
- Find the perfect replacement parts or get your Mustang ready for the track with a wide array of products to choose from.
Rear Axle Hardware
- From replacing worn-out bolts to adding performance upgrades, we have everything you need.
Unlike front wheel drive cars, the rear axle area of your Mustang has dozens of parts that not only support the rear end of your Mustang but, since it is rear wheel drive, also drive your Mustang. If these parts in your Mustang would need upgrading, or just completely break, CJ Pony Parts has dozens of Mustang Rear Axle parts available for your Mustang to help get it back on the road.The Mustang rear axle area consists of many different parts that each performs a specific function to help drive your Mustang and support the Mustang rear end. One of the most important Mustang rear axle parts is the Mustang rear axle itself. The Mustang axle consists of two shafts that connect in the center at the differential. The Mustang rear axle shafts each have wheel studs and mounts for brakes and other Mustang suspension hardware.
Another vital part of your Mustang rear axle is the Mustang differential. This part, which is actually made up of many different Mustang rear end components, links the Mustang rear axles and the driveshaft. It contains a set of gears, which are turned by the driveshaft, which turns the Mustang rear axles, which turns the wheels. The differential also has additional Mustang rear end components to compensate for when your Mustang is turning, which requires the rear wheels need to turn at different speeds, or when it is raining and one of your rear wheels lose grip on the road. Since the differential has gears and several other fragile parts, plus lubricants, it needs to be protected. Therefore, the differential on every Mustang rear axle features a heavy-duty cover that protects it and keeps all of the lubrication inside.
If your Mustang rear axle needs some work, CJ Pony Parts stocks all of the Mustang rear end parts you need, including each of the Mustang rear end components mentioned above. CJ Pony Parts also offers Mustang rear axle parts for independent rear suspension Mustangs, which only applies to SN95 Mustang Cobras and are different in a few areas when compared to the Mustang rear axle on most cars. Order your new Mustang Rear Axle parts today from CJ Pony Parts and keep that vital area of your Mustang working smoothly!