Jump to Section
How We Protect Data
We're committed to keeping your shopping experience secure and safe.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit or access your personal information.
All traffic is routed through a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
To clear your cookies, navigate to your browser's settings. Here are specific instructions for the top browsers CJ's customers use:
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information.
How We Use It
For starters - we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Any of the information we do collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide for order processing will be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Opting-in for marketing emails is separate and occurs via the newsletter signup page or during the user account setup process. You can opt out at any time.
- To send periodic SMS notifications
Targeted ads help to control our marketing expenses and allow us to continually focus on providing outstanding value for the parts and accessories you are looking to purchase.
- An advertisement that features a product you were previously looking at on the site.
- An image advertisement highlights an interior sale to you a few days after you were browsing interior items.
- You see ads for the vehicle you actually own.
- You can learn about product discounts and website sales faster.
- You may become aware of complementary products to improve your build.
We use a third-party service provider to serve ads and/or collect data on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on this website. Some of these service providers may collect information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services to tailor marketing messages on this website and other sites or to trigger real-time interaction, customize this website or enhance your profile. Some of these service providers may be able to collect personal information that you share with this site via a web form automatically and prior to your pressing a submit button, and they may be able to use information from your visits to this site to send marketing messages to you in a way that may personally identify you.
Opting Out of Targeted Ads
The majority of users surveyed prefer targeted ads, but if you don't, no problem. Typically, the fastest way to opt out of our tailored ads is by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance. The previous link allows you to control the collection and use of web viewing data for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses on your browser, by some or all of the participating companies.
If you would rather opt out of tailored advertisements, including retargeting ads, at the advertisers' websites, see the following:
Most browsers, like Chrome and Safari, offer you the ability to browse websites privately. In this mode, the browsers won't save your browsing history, cookies and site data, or information entered in forms. Downloaded files and bookmarks can still be kept but keep in mind that your activity isn't hidden from entities like your employer, school or internet service provider if you are on their network.
Here are specific instructions for the top browsers CJ's customers use to enable private browsing:
For private viewing in other browsers, please consult your web browser's website for instructions. If none exist, please consider installing one of the browsers listed above.
SMS Terms and Conditions
Important! Please read these CJ Pony Parts SMS Terms and Conditions carefully before signing up for any CJ Pony Parts (“CJ” or “We” or “Us”, “Our”) text messaging program (“Program”). By signing up for one or more of CJ Pony Parts text messaging programs, you agree to abide by and be bound to these CJ Pony Part SMS Terms and Conditions.
When you sign up to receive text messages, we will send you information about promotional offers & more. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our sites & may prompt messaging such as cart abandon messages (IE Cookies). For help, reply "HELP" to any Text Message you receive from us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The number of CJ Pony Parts text messages that you receive will vary depending on which CJ Pony Parts text messaging programs for which you sign up to receive messages and the frequency of the messages sent by those programs. Neither we nor the wireless carriers (Such as T-Mobile) will be liable for any delays in the receipt of, or failure to deliver, any Text Messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. Text Messages services are provided on an "As Is" basis
Message and data rates may apply to each text message sent or received in connection with CJ Pony Parts text messages, as provided in your mobile telephone service rate plan (please contact your mobile telephone carrier for pricing plans), in addition to any applicable roaming charges. CJ Pony Parts does not impose a separate fee for sending CJ Pony Parts text messages; however, you are responsible for any fees imposed by your mobile carrier of any kind whatsoever. This service is optional & is not a condition for purchase.
How to Opt-In
The opt-in to receive text messages from a CJ Pony Parts text messaging program(s), please follow the instructions provided by the specific program from which you wish to receive messages. For example, you may be asked to reply in the affirmative in the manner indicated in an initial text message (e.g., Y or Yes).
How to Opt-Out
To stop receiving text messages from a specific CJ Pony Parts text messaging program, text STOP to the five-digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive messages (i.e., the five-digit number from which its text messages are being sent). You acknowledge that you will then receive one (1) final message from CJ Pony Parts confirming your opt-out of that text messaging program. Following such confirmation message, no additional text messages associated with that program will be sent to you unless you reactivate your subscription. This will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that five-digit short code. You will remain opted in to other CJ Pony Parts text messaging programs.
Your Mobile Telephone Number
You represent that you are the account holder for the mobile telephone number(s) that you enroll. You are responsible for notifying CJ Pony Parts immediately if you change your mobile telephone number. You may notify CJ Pony Parts a number change by contact CJ Pony Parts Customer Care at 1 (800) 888-6473.
You agree to indemnify CJ Pony Parts in full for all claims, expenses, and damages related to or caused in whole or in part by your failure to notify CJ Pony Parts if you change your telephone number including, but not limited to, all claims, expenses, and damages related to or arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
To receive CJ Pony Parts text messages, you must be a resident of the United States and 18 years of age or older. CJ Pony Parts reserves the right to require you to prove that you are at least 18 years of age.
Changes to SMS Terms and Conditions
CJ Pony Parts may revise, modify, or amend these CJ Pony Parts SMS Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such revision, modification, or amendment shall take effect when it is posted to CJ Pony Parts’ website (https://www.cjponyparts.com). You agree to review these CJ Pony Parts SMS Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued consent to receive CJ Pony Parts text messages will indicate your acceptance of those changes.
Termination of Text Messaging
We may suspend or terminate your receipt of CJ Pony Parts text messages if we believe you are in breach of these CJ Pony Parts SMS Terms and Conditions. Your receipt of CJ Pony Parts text messages is also subject to termination in the event that your mobile telephone service terminates or lapses. CJ Pony Parts reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of CJ Pony Parts text messages, with or without notice.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of the Program that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Program to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at email@example.com.
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance is designed to protect businesses and their customers against payment card theft and fraud. If a business accepts, stores or transmits card data, PCI DSS compliance validation is required by card brands such as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. It consists of common-sense steps that mirror best security practices. CJ Pony Parts is certified as PCI compliant through a third-party compliance validation solution.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
The General Data Protection Regulation creates consistent data protection rules across Europe and applies to companies based in the EU as well as global businesses who process personal data about individuals in the EU.
To highlight our commitment to data security and protection, let's review some key points regarding the GDPR:
- Consent Notice: User consent regarding cookies and tracking must be clear and distinguishable from other matters and provided in an easily accessible way. When you are attempting to visit the website from a location in the EU, you will be greeted with an immediate notice regarding cookies and tracking. Action must be taken on this notice to view the website. Actions include viewing the website with cookies enabled or receiving information about viewing using your browser's private-viewing ability.
- Consent Opt-Out: It must also be as easy to withdraw consent as it is to give it. This page has been updated with instructions on how to opt out of targeted advertising.
- Data Portability: GDPR introduces data portability - the right to receive personal data concerning you. This page has been updated with instructions on how to request a copy of the data you have submitted to us in the past.
- Right to be Forgotten: You have the right to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request account information be deleted, assuming there are no in-process orders or payments where the information is necessary.
- Data Retention: For EU user accounts that have not been accessed in 7 Years, CJ Pony Parts will delete the personal data pertaining to those accounts.
- "When the controller is able to demonstrate that it is not in a position to identify the data subject, the controller shall inform the data subject accordingly." Personally identifiable information is not passed through Google AdWords, DoubleClick, and Google Analytics as their contracts and policies prohibit information being passed to Google that could be recognized as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). For that reason, the "User and event data retention" settings within Google Analytics has been set to "Do not automatically expire".
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) creates new consumer rights relating to the access to, deletion of, and sharing of personal information that is collected by businesses. To highlight our commitment to data security and protection, let's review some key points regarding the CCPA:
- What information do we collect? Read Here
- How can users request access, change, or erase their personal data we have collected?
- You have the right to contact us at email@example.com to request account information or request its deletion, assuming there are no in-process orders or payments where the information is necessary.
- We're committed to keeping your information safe and will verify the identity of the person making the above request.
- For businesses that do sell personal information, the CCPA instructs a "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link to be placed on its website homepage and for prior consent to be obtained for minors 13-16 years old before selling theier personal data. As stated before, we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Data Portability/Opt-Out Instructions
For users who would like to receive a copy of the personal data that has been previously supplied to us, please make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions on how to opt-out of targeted ads, please see the 'Opting Out of Targeted Ads' section in this document. To browse the website without your browser saving cookies or your history, please see the Private Browsing section of this page.
Disclosing Information to Outside Parties
As stated before - we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
CJ Pony Parts, Inc.
7461 Allentown Blvd
Harrisburg, PA 17112
This policy was last modified on 05/03/2022.