Mustang Metal Hood with Shaker Hole (1969-1970) Installation Instructions
2. Make sure you have the right tools for the job. Each bolt should be 1/2 inch.
3. Remove any hardware from the old Mustang hood
that will be reused on new one.
4. Open the hood fully, then use a prop rod, such as a pipe or broom handle, to support the front of the hood. You can skip this if you have a friend to help you hold the hood.
5. Put towels under the corners of the hood to protect the paint.
6. Remove the Mustang hood hardware
, starting with the front bolts first. This will keep the hood stable while you go from side to side. Carefully remove the back bolts and allow the hood to rest on the towels.
7. Remove the temporary prop rod and allow the hood to tip forward, resting on the hinges in the rear. One relatively strong person can now lift the old hood off and set it aside.
8. Set the new hood on the car, just as the old one was removed.
9. Tip the new hood back on the Mustang hinges
, resting it on the towels, and re-install the temporary prop rod.
10. Start the back bolts first to stabilize the Mustang hood
, then install and tighten the front bolts.
11. Carefully close the hood to check the alignment and the gaps. You may need to loosen the hood bolts and slide the hood one direction or another to get even gaps. Once you are happy with your alignment, you may re-install trim and moldings, then you've completed Mustang Metal Hood with Shaker Hole