Instructions from Graphic Express on
how to install decals.
The room temperature and the surface temperature of the vehicle must be no lower than 60 degrees Fahrenheit or higher than 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Clean the surface with Naphtha base cleaner to remove dirt, grease and old striping adhesive. Remove all Naphtha residue from the area and allow the surface to dry thoroughly.
1. Mark the location for the decal installation using pieces of tape or a marking pencil.
2. Peel the backing paper (self adhesive side) from the decal.
3. Apply the decal to the panel using light finger pressure to locate it along the predetermined marks. As long as light pressure is used the decal can be lifted off the panel and readjusted as necessary for alignment. Note: For decals larger than 12"x12" a wetting solution of liquid dish washing detergent (1 tablespoon to 1 gallon of water) is recommended for assisting the application.
4. Firmly squeegee the decal onto the panel surface using a plastic squeegee to provide maximum adhesion.
5. Remove any locating tape or pencil markings. Remove outer carrier paper and carefully re-squeegee.
6. Remove air bubbles and wrinkles by perforating with a straight pin and carefully squeegee to exhaust air through the pin hole.
Tape Application (Bulk roll or die cut)
1. Position the stripe transfer tape to the end panel. Allow 1/4 inch for wrap around at each end of the panel and cut the transfer to size. Do not remove the transfer from the paper.
2. Position the transfer tape on the panel and hold in position with small tabs of masking tape. Be sure the stripe is aligned with the stripe on the adjacent panels.
3. Remove the forward tab(s) of masking tape and peel back or remove the transfer tape. Peel the carrier paper (self adhesive side) from the end of the transfer tape to the center of the transfer tape and cut the carrier paper off.
4. Allow the transfer to return to the aligned position and press the stripe and tape evenly from the center of the panel to the end of the panel. Use extreme care to ensure that the tape is aligned with the adjacent panel. If it is misaligned, it should be removed and carefully repositioned. Then squeegee the stripe transfer tape from the center of the panel toward the end of the panel.
5. Remove the center and rear tabs of masking tape. Peel off the remaining carrier paper from the transfer tape and allow the stripe transfer tape to return and align into position. Press the stripe and tape lightly into position from the center to the end of the panel.
6. Squeegee the stripe transfer tape from the center to the rear of the panel.
7. Trim excess stripe transfer tape from the ends and wrap the transfer tape around the ends of the panel. Before wrapping the ends of the stripe transfer tape around the hem flange, wipe the adhesive surface at the end of the stripe transfer tape and the contact surface of the body with iso-propyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to clean and promote maximum adhesion, then press into position.
8. Remove the protective paper from the stripe and re-squeegee.
9. Remove air bubbles and wrinkles by perforating with a straight pin and carefully squeegee to exhaust air through the pin hole.
* Please be advised that this information is for suggestion only and is based on prior experience. We at CJ Pony Parts can not be held responsible or liable for any mistakes or injuries connected with the topics covered.