1979 Mustang Engine
The 1979 Mustang represented a drastic change in design from previous Mustang generations, but that didn’t put a damper on its popularity and success. Chosen as the pace car for the 1979 Indy 500, this new generation Mustang apparently made a good impression. In fact, by appealing to a new generation of Mustang customers, Ford sold over 360,000 Mustangs in 1979 – about 160,000 more than their 1978 model. More than 35 years later, this third generation Mustang continues to be popular among Mustang enthusiasts and hobbyists. However, there’s no denying that parts of your Fox Body may be in need of repair – including your 1979 Mustang engine.
- Trick Flow Valve Cover Pair 289/302/351WFrom $149.99
- Trick Flow Valve Cover Tall Pair 289/302/351WFrom $149.05
- Trick Flow Stud Mount Rocker Polylocks 3/8" Set 1978-1995$16.94 Regular Price $24.99
1979 Mustang Engine OptionsAre you in the process of repairing or rebuilding your 1979 Mustang’s engine? It was offered in several different options:
• 2.3L, 2 barrel 4 cylinder rated at 88 horsepower
• 2.3L, 2 barrel 4 cylinder supercharged rated at 132 horsepower
• 2.8L, 2 barrel V6 rated at 109 horsepower
• 3.3L, 1 barrel inline 6 rated at 88 horsepower
• 5.0L, 2 barrel V8 rated at 140 horsepower
No matter which one you have, finding the parts you need doesn’t have to be difficult. Here at CJ Pony Parts, we carry hundreds of 1979 Mustang engine parts for your restoration and repair needs. Check out our selection, and you’ll find:
• Air Cleaners & Air Filters
• Alternators & Generators
• Camshafts, Rocker Arms & Valve Train
• Crankshafts & Dampers
• 1979 Mustang Engines and Cylinder Blocks
• Cylinder Heads
• 1979 Mustang Engine Brackets, Pulleys, Hardware, Gaskets & Fastener Kits
• Fuel Filters
• Intake Manifolds
• Motor Mounts
Plus, when you shop with us, you know you’re getting quality. That’s because we carry products from only the best names in manufacturing, like BBK, Edelbrock, Fel-Pro, Ford Racing, Holly, Mac, Procharger, Roush, Russell, Scott Drake, Trick Flow and more.
Get your 1979 Mustang Engine Primed for PerformanceRepairing and restoring an engine can be a time consuming but rewarding venture. At CJ Pony Parts, we’re here to help you with the process. Our team is made up of Mustang experts, and we’re here 7 days a week to help you get the parts you need. Give us a call, send us an email or start up an online chat, and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 for additional options.