Mustang Convertible Top Tension Cables 1964-2014
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable 52-1/2" Pair Mustang Convertible 2005-2014$53.54 Regular Price $62.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cables Mustang Convertible 1999-2004$39.89 Regular Price $41.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable Spring Type Mustang Convertible 1965-1968$26.59 Regular Price $27.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable 38-1/2" Long Pair Mustang Convertible 1990-1993$30.39 Regular Price $31.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable Stud Type Mustang Convertible 1965$25.64 Regular Price $26.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable Pair Mustang Convertible 1995-1998$35.14 Regular Price $36.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable 35-1/2" Long Pair Mustang Convertible 1989-1990$30.39 Regular Price $31.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable Spring Type Pair Mustang Convertible 1969-1970$22.79 Regular Price $23.99
- Auto Pro Convertible Top Tension Cable Pair Mustang Convertible Pre-8/1995 1994-1995$36.09 Regular Price $37.99
Convertible Top Tension Cables
Obviously, a Mustang convertible top differs from a roof on a traditional coupe, and will require a significant number of parts in order to keep it strong over the years. Whether its rain, snow, or strong winds happening outside, you always want to protect your interior, so that you can enjoy the open air when the weather is nice. Along with Mustang top tacking strips, Mustang convertible top tension cables help secure the top in place on those days when it needs to be up. Mustang convertible top tension cables are responsible for keeping the material associated with the top from flapping or fluttering down while you’re driving on the highway. The Ford Mustang convertible top tension cables are installed on the outer edges of your convertible top, and are there to prevent the top from shrinking up from the side windows.
When you are cruising down the road in your Mustang convertible, are you noticing that the noise outside is getting louder? If that is the case, then your original Mustang tension cables might be on their last legs, and it would be a good idea to replace them. After a lifetime of testing out the horse power and torque on your muscle car, all of the wind that you have driven through over the years will have taken a toll on your top, and your Mustang convertible top tension cables could grow weak or worn out. If you are looking to replace your original top all together, it would be a good idea to purchase new Ford Mustang convertible top tension cables along with it. Even though your new top is just out of the factory, your original Mustang convertible top hold down cables have been through the rigors of driving through the wind for many years, and as a result, would not be a good match for your new part. Brand new Mustang convertible top tension cables will help secure your new top and keep you safe from the elements for years to come!
Secure Your Top With Convertible Top Tension Cables From CJ’s
Ford Mustang convertible top tension cables are an inexpensive, but important purchase to ensure that your top is securely bolted in place. CJ Pony Parts is your one-stop-shop for Mustang convertible top tension cables and everything that is needed to properly install them. The fine folks at Kee Auto Top supply CJ’s with premium Mustang convertible top hold down cables that will prevent your top from pulling away from the side windows, and put a stop to the distracting flapping and fluttering. Many of Kee’s Ford Mustang convertible top convertible tension cables OE designs, so you can maintain the classic appearance of your pony car, while providing your top with the quality protection that it needs!
The cables are sold either individually, or as a pair. Keep in mind that two Mustang convertible top tension cables are required per vehicle. If you are interested in purchasing new Mustang convertible top hold down cables, it is important to measure your original cables to ensure that your new products are the right length. If you are looking for an added level of protection to your top, CJ’s offers convertible top latch tension springs that fit into either the driver or passenger side latch. These springs keep an increased level of tension on your Mustang convertible top latches, which allows them to lock into place.
Now that your top is secure with brand new Ford Mustang convertible top tension cables, feel free peruse CJ’s wide array of additional convertible top parts. While you’re on the site, check out CJ’s convertible top pads, motors, switches, and more!