What Is the Mustang GT Deluxe Convertible?Last Updated August 8, 2023 | Andrew Boyle
The 2008 Mustang GT Deluxe convertible was one of two Mustang convertibles offered at the GT trim level for the 2008 model year, and both Mustang convertibles were priced similarly. Compared to the Premium convertible, the Deluxe was the more sparsely appointed of the two, although it still offered a range of features and amenities not found on other cars at its price point.
Here’s a rundown of the standard features found on the 2008 Mustang GT Deluxe convertible:
- Engine and transmission: At the heart of all 2008 GTs is a 4.6L SOHC 3-valve V8 based on Ford's Modular engine platform. Producing 300 horsepower and 320 ft/lb of torque, the powerful V8 could propel the GT from 0-60 in just 4.9 seconds. A five-speed manual transmission with a 3.31 axle ratio came standard; a five-speed automatic was also available as an option. The GT model featured a bright-tipped, stainless-steel dual exhaust.
- Steering and suspension: The rear-wheel-drive GT Deluxe featured a coil-over-strut front suspension and coil-spring three-link solid-axle rear suspension, four-wheel disc anti-lock braking system (ABS), front and rear stabilizer bars, and a traction control system.
- Amenities: At the GT Deluxe level, the 2008 Mustang was well-appointed with standard air conditioning, a single CD stereo system, cruise control, power door locks, remote keyless entry and a six-way power driver’s seat.
- Exterior: The Mustang GT Deluxe was available in ten different exterior colors with either a parchment vinyl, black vinyl or black cloth top. 17” painted aluminum rims came standard, as did a rear spoiler and fog lights.
- Upgrades and accessories: A number of upgrades were available for the 2008 Mustang GT Deluxe, including 18” wheels, performance tires, HID headlights, heated leather seats, several different audio systems and more.
Deluxe or Premium
The next step up from the Deluxe model was the Premium GT Convertible. Buyers who upgraded to the premium model got a leather interior and a Shaker 500 sound system. GT Premium owners also had the option of adding the California Special package, which included a range of exterior upgrades including 18” wheels, new front, and rear fascia, and special striping.
Image Credit: Edmunds