COMP Cams Magnum 284HR Hydraulic Roller Camshaft Set with a 2000 to 5500 RPM Range for Mustangs with a 351C Engine.Available with camshaft only, camshaft and lifers, small kit or complete kit.
This hydraulic roller camshaft will fit 1970-1982 351C and 351M-400M V8 engines.
Magnum camshafts generate great high RPM power. They can be used with mild ratio rocker arms and traditional performance valve springs as they are easy on valve train parts. The Magnum camshafts generally like compression ratios of 9.5:1 and higher. A torque converter and gear change are usually recommended additional upgrades. The larger Magnum camshafts tend to be a little lazy at low RPMs.
The Magnum 284HR camshaft is the largest camshaft that should be used with stock cylinder heads and intake manifold. Street machines benefit greatly from the 284HR thanks to the good torque it creates. Although the RPM range is rather mild, best power is made above 3500 RPMs. This hydraulic roller camshaft is meant to be used with hydraulic roller lifters.
- RPM Range: 2000 to 5500
- Valve Timing: 0.006
- Lobe separation (degrees): 110
- Intake Centerline (degrees): 106
- Valve Lash: Hydraulic
- Duration: Intake 284/Exhaust 284
- Duration @ .050" Lift: Intake 224/Exhaust 224
- Valve Lift: Intake 0.566/Exhaust 0.566
- Lobe Lift: Intake 0.333/Exhaust 0.333
- Camshaft Only
- Camshaft and Lifters
- Small Kit - Camshaft, Lifters, Timing Chain Set and Assembly Lube
- Complete Kit - Everything in Small Kit plus Valve Springs, Valve Spring Retainers, Valve Locks and Valve Stem Seals
You Might Also Like
From:CJ's Low Price:$296.99
CJ's Low Price:$234.99
CJ's Low Price:$267.99
CJ's Low Price:$999.99
CJ's Low Price:$59.99