Mustang Battery Tray (1967-1970) Installation Instructions
1967-1970 Mustang Battery Tray
This Battery Tray fits all 1967-1970 Mustangs.
As the battery tray in your 1967-1970 Mustang is exposed to battery acid and other elements over the years, it will eventually wear out and need replaced. This Battery Tray is made from stamped steel and easily bolts into your Mustang.
2. To start, disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Then, disconnect the positive cable.
5. Remove the 2 bolts, using a 1/2” socket.
6. Put penetrating oil on the threads of the bolts on the lower bracket.
7. From outside the engine compartment, in the fender well, find the heads of the 2 bolts for the lower bracket and remove them with the 1/2” socket.
8. Notice the surface rust that lived under the old battery tray.
12. This shows the lower bolt heads repainted.
13. Assemble the J-bolts into the battery hold down.
14. Install the battery into the new tray.