1968 Mustang Parts
- Make the inside of your classic Mustang a more enjoyable place to be, and one that you'll always want to show off.
- You don't need to rely on your vintage car's antiquated technology. Upgrade to modern parts for vastly improved performance.
Wheels & Tires
- If it's time to replace your original set or you're just looking to add your own custom style, view our vast selection today.
Body & Sheet Metal
- Get all that you need to properly restore your project Mustang to give it that classic, clean style.
- Bring a sportier feel and better handling to your pony car with a wide variety of upgrade options available.
- Whether you have an automatic or row your own gears, we carry everything you need for precise, smooth shifts.
- For everything under the hood, view our selection of replacement parts and powerful upgrades.
1968 Mustang Parts
After a major redesign for the previous model year, most 1968 Ford Mustang parts were left unchanged. However, a few 68 Mustang parts were updated to meet new federal safety guidelines and make small improvements to the Mustang overall. One of the biggest new 1968 Mustang parts was the 302 V-8 engine that was much more powerful and would replace the 289 V-8.Other updates to 1968 Ford Mustang parts included new front and rear side marker lights, shoulder seat belts, a suspended mirror, removal of F-O-R-D from the hood, and new 'Mustang' script style lettering on the car, along with several other emblem and trim changes. Several special models, including the first California Special and numerous Shelby models, were created, with many unique 68 Mustang parts being used. The 1968 model year also marked the famous GT 390's appearance in the movie 'Bullitt.' Nearly 320,000 were sold.
Two new 1968 Mustang engines were introduced partway through the model year: The 302 V8 and the 428 Cobra Jet. While the 302 became a mainstream engine for the Mustang, lasting nearly 40 years, the 428 Cobra Jet V8 was the hot new performance engine. With 335 horsepower and 440 ft./lb. of torque, it was one of the most powerful mass-produced motors available. In the 1968 Ford Mustang, most of the Cobra Jet 428s landed in fastback models, though there are a few rare coupes and convertibles with these high powered engines.
For loyal 1968 Mustang parts customers, CJ Pony Parts offers plenty of 1968 Ford Mustang parts available for order-more than 5,700 total! Some of the most popular parts for 1968 come from Classic Consoles, New Vintage USA, Painless Performance, QA1 and Wheel Vintiques. CJ Pony Parts also has plenty of accessories for 68 Mustang parts, including tools, decals, guides and manuals-everything you need for every replacement, upgrade or repair of any of your 1968 Mustang parts.
The sales and customer care teams at CJ Pony Parts are extremely knowledgeable about all 1968 Mustang parts, so feel free to contact them at any time to place your order and have all of your Mustang questions answered.
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, or 1973 for additional options.