1972 Mustang Parts
Body & Sheet Metal
- An important part of any restomod project, we have all that you need to refurbish your car's exterior.
- From quick fixes to all-out replacements, upgrade your classic Mustang with superior, modern stopping technology.
Wheels & Tires
- From original styles to modern interpretations, you can find all shapes and sizes here to get the perfect set for your pony car.
- From seats to dashboard and ceiling to floor, find everything on your list to spruce up and revitalize your Mustang's cabin.
- Smooth out your Mustang's ride or grab some performance parts for sportier handling compared to the factory set-up.
- Ensure that your Mustang has quick, precise shifts, whether it's an automatic or manual gearbox.
- We've got everything you could ever need under the hood when it comes to repairs, replacements, and powerful upgrades.
1972 Mustang Parts
There were only a few changes made to 1972 Ford Mustang parts. The biggest changes affected the engines. Each of the engine options were revised for 1972 to meet stricter emissions standards, which resulted in many revised 1972 Mustang parts. Other engines were dropped entirely on account of not being able to meet the new rules, including all of the Boss versions. The 351 HO engine was added back to the lineup midway through year and was made available on all Mustang trims, though several 72 Mustang parts in the 351 HO were changed, which reduced performance and disappointed customers.As a result of the changes to these 1972 Mustang parts in all of the engines, performance dropped significantly overall, though several reviewers noted that the new 1972 Ford Mustang parts still ended up performing decently. Other than these changes and a handful of minor revisions to trim and features, most other 1972 Mustang parts were essentially unchanged. Sales continued to drop for the 1972 model year, ending up hitting a new low of 125,813.
As noted, performance was continuing to decline from 1972 Mustang parts, all thanks to increasingly stringent government fuel economy regulations. However, with some of the new 1972 Mustang parts from CJ Pony Parts that are available for the engine of this Mustang, you can do better and get performance that is still legal, yet much more adequate for this big, heavy muscle car. This includes everything from exhausts to crate engines, which can greatly help your power and performance.
More than 3,800 72 Mustang parts are now available from CJ Pony Parts! There's 1972 Ford Mustang parts from Alloy Metal Products, B&M, Hawk Performance, KONI, Retro Sound, and many more. There are also plenty of accessories, tools, supplies, books and installation guides available to assist with any 1972 Mustang parts installation, upgrade or repair.
Help is available from CJ Pony Parts for all orders of 72 Mustang parts! The staff on the sales and customer care teams are knowledgeable about the cars and many 1972 Mustang parts, so questions regarding orders or installation tips are sure to be answered. Contact CJ Pony Parts by phone or online today!
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, or 1973 for additional options.