Mustang Passenger's Side Mirror Kit (1967-1968) Installation Instructions
3. With this car, the driver's side mirror location is 11 1/2 inches from the front screw to the door gap edge.
4. Put tape on the Mustang door
and mark the front screw location so it matches the driver's side.
5. The spacing between the holes is 5 3/4 inches.
6. Transfer the hole spacing to the tape.
7. Time to drill holes in the Mustang door
. Start slow and with the smaller bit. Let it cut until you see metal shavings, then drill through the fender.
8. Repeat at both spots, then switch to the larger bit and increase the hole size.
9. Take off the tape after gently removing the metal shavings and slowly start the screws, letting them tap the holes to the final size.
10. Test fit the Mustang exterior mirror
, but just snug it up. It will need to come back off to do the final adjustments.
11. Loosen the adjustment screw to angle the mirror in and level the top.
12. Get in the car and check the view.
13. Take the mirror off and loosen the screw inside the stem and rotate the head toward the driver.
14. It should need rotated roughly 30 degrees.
15. Reattach the mirror and check the view again.
16. Remove the mirror one last time and tighten up all the adjustment screws, then reattach and enjoy.