Mustang Scott Drake Dome Light Assembly (1967-1970) Installation Instructions
1. Open and examine your new Mustang Scott Drake Dome Light Assembly
. The kit comes with a butt splice if you wish to just replace the light and keep the old wiring. However, I will be removing the headliner and side panels to install all new wiring. There is plenty of wire included with this light if you choose to run all new wiring.
2. Remove the original dome light. There's only two screws that hold the lens and bezel on, so remove them. Then, remove the two screws that attach the base to the roof of your Mustang. Once they're gone, your old dome light is only attached via the wiring. If you're planning to replace all of the wiring, carefully remove the old wiring that extends to the passenger side rear quarter. You will likely need to remove the rear seat and interior quarter panel to access the wiring for both removal and installation. If the wiring isn't being replaced, clip the wires near the base to allow you to remove the old base.
3. Install the base for the new Scott Drake
lighting fixture. First, make the black ground wire connects securely to the roof frame.
4. Attach the chrome base for the Mustang dome light
to the ceiling with the included two Phillips head screws.
6. At this point, you'd splice the wires at the fixture's location, if you're not choosing to run new wiring. However, if you're choosing to run the wiring, route the new wire to the rear passenger side quarter. I purchased new Mustang dome light wiring clips
to keep the wiring neat and in place.
7. Route the wire to the connection point in the rear passenger quarter. Refer to the wiring diagram below. Connect the wiring up, then flip on the light and enjoy your new Mustang Scott Drake Dome Light Assembly