Mustang Stock Replacement Radiator (1997-2004) Installation Instructions
2. Once the car is completely cool, remove the Mustang radiator cap
and place it to the side. From underneath the passenger side of the car, slowly open the radiator drain cock and allow all of the old coolant to pour out.
3. In order to access the Mustang radiator
, remove 8 push pins on the radiator cover.
4. Disconnect the upper and lower Mustang radiator hoses
from the radiator by using a screw driver to loosen the clamp, then pulling it off of the radiator.
5. Remove the three nuts from the Mustang radiator overflow tank
. Then, disconnect the tube that attaches the overflow tank to the radiator by using a screw driver to loosen the clamp, then pulling it off of the radiator.
6. Remove the overflow bottle completely.
8. Remove the Mustang electric fan
by unbolting the two bolts on each side of the center of the fan, then pull upward.
9. You can now remove the old radiator by simply pulling it upward, after unplugging any connections that might be in the way.
10. Now you are ready to install your new Mustang radiator
. Simply lower it into place on the two lower mounts.
11. Place the upper radiator mounts in position and tighten them down completely.
12. Reinstall your cooling fan with the two bolts that were removed earlier.
13. Reconnect the upper hose and Mustang lower radiator hose
in the right positions on your radiator, then tighten them down completely.
14. Reinstall the Mustang coolant overflow tank
using the three nuts that were removed earlier. Then, reconnect the overflow tank to the radiator tube using the clamps.
16. Once the installation of your new Mustang Stock Replacement Radiator
is complete, you must fill your new radiator with a 50/50 antifreeze mix. Fill the radiator and overflow tank to the top, reconnect the negative battery terminal, then run the engine with the heat on until the engine warms up to allow the coolant to circulate and allow you to check for leaks. After a few minutes of running the engine and using the heat, you can shut off the engine and top off the antifreeze again.