Mustang Two Speed Windshield Wiper Motor (1967-1973) Installation Instructions
1. As you get started installing your new Mustang Two Speed Windshield Wiper Motor
, you'll first need to locate the current wiper motor under the (near) center of the dash. You'll see the motor’s bracket, which has two bolts that screw up to the bottom of the dash/cowl and two bolts that screw horizontally onto the firewall area.
3. Next, remove the Mustang wiper motor
and bracket from the car by removing the four bolts you observed in step 1.
5. Use a 7/16” wrench to remove the three motor mount bolts and a 9/16” wrench to remove the rotating arm attachment.
6. Install the three motor mount bolts and the rotating arm attachment and bolt onto the new Mustang wiper motor
7. Install the new motor into your Mustang. My original bracket mount bolts were extremely rusty so I replaced with new Mustang Wiper Motor Bracket to Cowl bolts
. As you put the new motor and bracket in, note that the narrow part of the motor bracket goes on the bottom side of the dash/cowl and that both holes are actually slots. Loosely fit two bolts into the upper mounting holes, then slide the bracket onto the upper bolts and line up the lower two. Insert lower two bolts and tighten all four.
8. Slide the wiper motor transmission arms onto the motor attachment pivot arm and reinstall the original clip to retain the arms. The new motor scratched very easily. Be careful with yours!