1965 Mustang Struts and Shocks
When you’re a fan of a classic sports car such as the 1965 Mustang, you’re willing to live with a few compromises. There’s no denying that a modern car can offer many benefits over an older one when it comes to outright performance. At the same time, there’s a timeless appeal to a simpler, honest-to-goodness first-generation Mustang that enthusiasts can’t get enough of. CJ Pony Parts helps you bridge the gap between those two automotive eras by offering you some serious performance upgrades that easily bolt into your ’65. Installing modern front struts can go a long way to improving the handling ability of your Mustang without sacrificing the original character of your faithful steed.
Showing 1-20 of 97 results
- KYB Shock Kit Excel-G 1965-1970$90.24 Regular Price $94.99
- Scott Drake Performance Shock Kit 1965-1970$132.99 Regular Price $139.99
- Scott Drake Performance Shock Front 1965-1970$36.73 Regular Price $38.66
- KYB Shock Front Excel-G 1965-1970$24.69 Regular Price $25.99
- KYB Shock Rear Excel-G 1965-1973$23.74 Regular Price $24.99
- Scott Drake Performance Shock Rear 1965-1973$36.73 Regular Price $38.66
- KYB Shock Kit Gas-A-Just 1965-1970$150.34 Regular Price $154.99
- Monroe Shock Absorber Monro-Matic Plus Front 1965-1970$27.89 Regular Price $30.99
- KYB Shock Gas-A-Just Rear 1965-1973$38.79 Regular Price $39.99
- KONI Shock Kit STR.T 1965-1970$259.99
- KYB Shock Gas-A-Just Front 1965-1970$38.79 Regular Price $39.99
- Air Shock Kit Monroe 1965-1970$94.99 Regular Price $99.99
- Shock Plate Rear Passenger Side 1965-1966$17.03 Regular Price $23.99
- Shock Plate Rear Driver Side 1965-1966$17.03 Regular Price $23.99
- Monroe Shock Absorber Monro-Matic Plus Rear 1965-1973$27.89 Regular Price $30.99
- Mounting Bolts Front Shock Set 1965-1966$8.99 Regular Price $9.99
- Monroe Shock Absorber Monro-Matic Plus Front/Rear Kit 1965-1970$101.99 Regular Price $119.99
- Ron Morris Rear Shock Plate Pair 8"/9" 1965-1973$138.54 Regular Price $162.99
Showing 1-20 of 97 results
1965 Struts & Shocks
Big Benefits in Driving DynamicsOur modern aftermarket suppliers have a big advantage when it comes to designing and building parts for your classic Mustang — they have years of experience and knowledge, and have studied the Mustang inside and out to know exactly what demanding enthusiasts want. The end result is some high-performance competition struts that are easy to install and adjust, so you can dial in the exact feel you want for your Mustang.
You may be creating the ultimate drag racer. Perhaps you’re building a tight-handling track car. Or, maybe you simply want the best combination of comfortable ride and aggressive handling for your personal recreational use.
In all cases, there’s a set of struts for you. We suggest you talk to other classic Mustang enthusiasts. They can be a wealth of information and can guide you in choosing your struts. One thing is sure: A true Mustang fanatic is more than happy to discuss the details of their ride, so don’t hesitate to strike up a conversation!
Start With the StrutsYour front suspension carries the bulk of your car’s weight, so you need to make sure your front struts are up to the task. This is especially true if you’ve added weight with a bigger engine or other underhood upgrades.
What we recommend to our customers is to really think about upgrading your front struts AND rear shocks in order to get a properly balanced ride and handling set-up. Click through to our catalog to see all of the strut options we carry. We offer fast, free shipping on orders above the minimum value, and we can quickly answer any questions you might have. You’ll see that we provide pictures of our struts and related hardware, along with full detailed descriptions, so you know exactly what you’re ordering. Have the best of both worlds by combining the appeal of a classic ’65 Mustang and the high-tech performance of a set of modern struts from CJ Pony Parts!