CarTech Book How To Rebuild And Modify Chevy 389 And 489 Engines
CarTech How to Rebuild and Modify Chevy 389 and 489 Engines Book.
Prepping to rebuild your first 389 or 409 Chevy engine? Looking for information to serve as the guiding light for your project? If so, CarTech SA210P How to Rebuild and Modify Chevy 389 and 489 Engines Book is the perfect supplemental text for your project.
Features and Benefits:
- Written by John Carollo
- Cartech how-to book
- 144 pages
- 8.5 x 11 paperback book
- 259 Black and White photos
- Provides detailed step-by-step building instructions for rebuilding and modifying Chevy 348/409 engines
Written by John Carollo this paperback book features nearly 260 black and white photos that will serve as a step-by-step visual guide for your rebuild. Along with the 389 and 409 engines covered in this text, building a W-engine is likewise covered. You’ll be walked through how to select a strong clean block, free of core shift and fatal cracks, select the best heads for a particular build, and increase the compression ratio. Selecting a camshaft and a strong connecting rod and piston combination is also an important aspect of the engine build that is covered in deep detail here.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Development and Design
- Chapter 2: Engine Block
- Chapter 3: Crankshafts, Rods and Pistons
- Chapter 4: Cylinder Heads
- Chapter 5: Camshafts and Valvetrain
- Chapter 6: Induction and Ignition
- Chapter 7: Headers and Exhaust
- Chapter 8: Cooling System
- Chapter 9: Stroker Engines
- Chapter 10: Teardown and Inspection
- Chapter 11: Engine Assembly
A lot of classic car and truck owners like to tackle upgrades and repairs on their own, but not every owner knows every little detail about how to complete all of these tasks. However, CarTech offers every at home mechanic detailed texts to help them complete practically any job.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning