Mustang Flywheels & Flexplates 1964-2021
Showing 1-20 of 135 results
- McLeod Aluminum Flywheel 157 Tooth 0oz With 28oz/50oz Weights Manual Trans Small Block Ford 1965-1995$332.90 Regular Price $343.20
- McLeod Flywheel Aluminum 8-Bolt 164-Tooth 4.6L/5.0L/5.4L 1996-2017$382.17 Regular Price $393.99
- Flywheel Steel For 9” Clutch Kit Manual Transmission 200 1965-1970$213.29 Regular Price $236.99
- Flywheel Cast Iron 157T 28 Oz. Manual Transmission 260/289/302/351W 1965-1968$187.19 Regular Price $207.99
- Ford Performance Flywheel Billet Steel 164T 28 Oz Balance Mustang 289/ 302/ 351W 1965-1980$303.60 Regular Price $312.99
- SPEC Flywheel Aluminium 9-Bolt GT 03/2011-2017/Boss 302 2012-2013$411.27 Regular Price $423.99
- ARP Flywheel Bolt Kit Manual Transmission V8 1965-1995$12.60 Regular Price $12.99
- Ford Performance Flywheel Bolt Set Manual Transmission 5.0L 2011-2017$17.09 Regular Price $17.99
- Ford Performance Engine Harness Upfit Kit Manual Transmission 4V 5.0L Coyote 2015-2017$291.00 Regular Price $300.00
- SPEC Flywheel Steel 9-Bolt GT 03/2011-2017/Boss 302 2012-2013$338.04 Regular Price $348.49
- RAM Clutches Clutch Master Kit HDX 10.5" 10-Spline Mustang 5.0L 1982-1993$611.09 Regular Price $629.99
- RAM Clutches Clutch Master Kit Powergrip HD 10.5" 26-Spline Mustang 5.0L 1982-1995$678.99 Regular Price $699.99
Showing 1-20 of 135 results
Flywheels & Flexplates
When working on the transmission in your Mustang, sometimes it’s a good idea to check whether or not you need to replace the flywheel in your manual or flexplate in your automatic. Flywheels are more often replaced since you’re more likely to be inside of a transmission to replace a worn-out clutch. A general rule when replacing a clutch is to either resurface the flywheel or install a completely new one. Depending on the flywheel that’s in your Mustang currently, it may be a good idea to just get a new one.
Differentiating Flywheels and Flexplates
There are two main categories that differentiate both flywheels and flexplates from each other. Aside from the fact flywheels are made for manual transmissions and flexplates are for automatics, engine imbalance and teeth count play a role as well. Your Mustang’s transmission will require a certain amount of teeth to line up with a new flywheel.
Engine imbalance is another factor that needs to be taken into account when shopping for a new Mustang flywheel or flexplate. These are measured in weights and typically one of three combinations: None, 28-ounce and 50-ounce. Be sure to check which combination you require before purchasing!
Order Your Mustang Flywheel Or Flexplate from CJ’s Today!
If you have any question of what you may require for your Mustang, then don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-888-6473 as we have a full customer service team waiting at the phones to help you out!