Upgrade the A/C unit sitting inside your beautiful restoration project, so get back onto the road quicker and cooler. This Old Air Products Hurricane Heat and Defrost Air Conditioning Passenger Side Compressor Kit CAP-7312E-PS will have your 1973-1980 C10 cooled down and ready for a passenger with all the necessary components and no modifications necessary.
Features and Benefits:
- Custom Mounting/Block-Off Plates
- Custom Electronic Slide Control Panel
- Passenger Dash Trimming for Perfect Fit
- Complete Compressor and Condenser Assembly
- Hurricane heat cool & defrost unit
- Firewall mounting/block off plates
- Electronic slide control w/ wire harness
- Electronic bypass heater valve
- Louver and defrost duct adapters
- Duct hose
- Compressor bracket
- Condenser assembly
- A/C hose kit
- Pressure safety switch
The specification for this system is for Chevy C10s originally equipped with a heater only. The Hurricane unit mounts to the firewall with custom mounting/block-off plates. The Hurricane Air Conditioning with compressor includes a custom electronic slide control panel that fits into the factory dash opening along with louvers and trim plates for the passenger side of the dash. Condenser assembly attaches to the original mounting locations in the core support. Receiver drier is mounted to the front of the condenser with custom tubes designed to fit neatly through core support for compressors mounted on the passenger side of the engine.
- To determine which bracket is needed to mount the compressor, measure from the pulley mounting flange to the front of the engine where the water pump is bolted to the block (short water pump: 5-5/8”; long water pump: 7”).
- This part is non-returnable.