2014 Ford Fiesta SpecsLast Updated August 8, 2023 | C.J. Tragakis
2014 Ford Fiesta Exterior
The 2014 Ford Fiesta is an American sub-compact that can go toe-to-toe with some of the best small cars from around the world. Don’t let its meek exterior fool you, the Ford Fiesta is light, 2,578 pounds light, which makes 120 hp feel like an adventure. If the base Fiesta isn’t quite enough to get you out of bed, for the 2014 production year, Ford kicks it up a notch with an ST trim level that increases performance specs. Available either as a traditional sedan, or a five-door hatchback (or hot hatch, if you must), the Fiesta comes in a variety of Skittle-esque colors that just make it that much sweeter to drive. There are some complaints that the exterior is a little overly round, giving it an almost overly sweet cartoonish appearance.
|Specification||2014 Ford Fiesta|
|Base Curb Weight||2,537 pounds|
|Front Leg Room||42.2 inches|
|Front Head Room||39.1 inches|
|Front Leg Room||42.2 inches|
|Trunk Volume||12.8 cubic feet|
ST Exterior Design
The ST trim level is the premium, enthusiasts only car that everyone wanted it to be.Thanks to a few serious exterior upgrades, one look tells you the Fiesta ST means business.
- 17-inch alloy wheels with summer performance W-rated tires*
- ST-unique high-mounted body-color rear spoiler
- Black headlamp bezels and fog lamps with carbon black bezels
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
- ST-unique black mesh grille with red ST badge
- Front and rear fascia lower extensions
- Side rocker moldings
- ST-unique front air fold and rear diffuser
2014 Ford Fiesta Interior
Look, this isn’t a luxury car, and it’s not interested in trying to be. In terms of comfort features, they’re so lacking that Ford actually bothered to list the driver’s side vanity mirror because they needed to fill page space.
This is a driver’s car. It has the features a driver would want. Variable speed wipers, steering wheel controls, auto-off headlights, and, on the ST package, a leather-wrapped steering wheel. Supposedly the Fiesta has enough passenger space for five people, but the back seat is definitely a little snug.
That being said, the Ford Fiesta isn't completely lacking in features. It does include Electric Power-Assisted Steering, Electronic Stability Control, and the SYNC infotainment system.
Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Helps deliver great maneuverability and responsive handling
- Offers pull-drift compensation to help correct for road irregularities and improve overall steering feel, and active nibble control to help smooth out minor tire vibrations
- The system continues to "learn" and adapt to steering conditions and gradually compensates for changes that can cause the vehicle to pull left or right
AdvanceTrac® with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Automatically applies brake pressure
- Adjusts torque based on wheelslip
- Helps avoid skidding and fishtailing
- Helps maintain braking control under conditions such as ice, gravel or rain, providing confident stopping power
- Available three-mode ESC on Fiesta ST
Ford SYNC with AppLink
- Hands-free calling means you never have to miss a call. If your phone rings, you can answer with the push of a button, and you can make a call with the sound of your voice.
- AppLink allows you to voice-control some of your favorite mobile apps such as Pandora internet radio and iHeartRadio while driving.
- Just plug in your compatible digital music player, USB drive and browse your music collection by genre, album, artist, playlist, or song title using voice commands.
- Say “Bluetooth audio” and you can listen to whatever's on your phone wirelessly, even your favorite audiobook.
- You can have your incoming texts read to you with audible text messaging.
- 911 Assist can use your connected mobile phone to call for help in case you're in an accident and can't call yourself.
2014 Ford Fiesta Performance Specifications
Alright, so the Ford Fiesta isn’t a car for passengers, towing heavy things, or really anything besides driving. And the things that make it a performance vehicle are worth writing home about. The Fiesta, despite its mild mannered exterior, can go.
|Specification||2014 Ford Fiesta||2014 Ford Fiesta ST|
|MPG||28 city/36 highway||26 city/35 Highway|
|Engine||1.6L I4 Engine||1.6L I4 Intercooled Turbo Engine|
|Horsepower||120 hp at 6,350 RPM||197 hp at 6,000 RPM|
|Torque||112 lb-ft at 5,000 RPM||202 lb-ft at 4,200 RPM|
For those who want a hearty dose of power with a side of light-speed escapism, enjoy the spoils of the 2014 Fiesta ST. For the ST Ford improved on the Fiesta’s base considerably, adding performance features that are easily appreciated.
- 1.6L EcoBoost® engine delivers 197 horsepower, 202 lb.-ft. of torque*
- Unique sport suspension
- Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control with understeer cornering control
- AdvanceTrac® with three-mode electronic stability control
- Upgraded chassis and larger four-wheel disc brakes
- 17-inch summer performance tires**
- Front air fold and rear diffuser for enhanced aerodynamics
Source: 2014 Ford Fiesta Brochure, Ford