The Mustang celebrates its 50th anniversary with the release of the 2015 Ford Mustang. In addition to its sharp new look, the 2015 Mustang has an all-new independent rear suspension, more upscale interior and is available with a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. Here are the specs on the 2015 Ford Mustang from Ford.
Seating for 4 people
All-New 2.3L EcoBoost®
Mustang is out of the gate with its first-ever EcoBoost® engine - a 2.3L marvel of power.
*Using 93-octane fuel
**Class is High-Power Sports Cars. EPA-estimated rating of 21 city/32 hwy/25 combined mpg, 2.3L EcoBoost auto Fastback. Actual mileage will vary.
- 310 horsepower*
- 320 lb-ft. of torque*
- Best-in-class EPA-estimated rating of 21 city/32 hwy/25 combined mpg**
The Shelby GT350 legacy continues with an adrenaline-pumping powertrain:
- 5.2L flat-plane crank
- Over 500 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.73 limited-slip differential
- MagneRide™ suspension
A More Powerful GT
The new 5.0L V8 is even more powerful this year. You’re welcome.
*Using 93-octane fuel
**EPA-estimated rating of 16 city/25 hwy/19 combined mpg, GT auto Fastback. Actual mileage will vary.
- 435 horsepower*
- 400 lb-ft. of torque*
- 16 city/25 hwy/19 combined mpg**
- Larger intake and exhaust valves
- New intake and exhaust camshafts with increased lift
Ideally Balanced Power
The Mustang 3.7L V6 strikes an ideal balance of power, displacement and efficiency.
*EPA-estimated rating of 19 city/28 hwy/22 combined mpg, V6 auto Fastback. Actual mileage will vary.
- 300 horsepower
- 280 lb-ft. of torque
- 19 city/28 hwy/22 combined mpg*
Precise Handling and Control
The all-new body conceals an all-new driving experience. New front and rear suspensions - and more - work together to provide more precise handling and control.
- All-new fully independent rear suspension
- New double-ball-joint front suspension
- Improved pitch control during hard acceleration and hard braking
- Less body roll improves the overall feel and ride
Selectable Drive Modes*
Customizable driving preferences let you dial in the handling dynamics to your liking.
- Select driving mode with a toggle switch on the center stack
- Choose from four settings: normal, snow/wet, sport and track
- Mustang adjusts its handling and response characteristics to optimize control
Available SYNC with MyFord Touch
The 2015 Mustang comes with Ford's voice-activated SYNC technology that helps you keep your eyes on the road and stay connected to your world. The basic SYNC (based on the first generation's technology), as well as the second generation, MyFord Touch, are available.
- Hands-free calling means you never have to miss a call. If your phone rings, you can answer with the push of a button, and you can make a call with the sound of your voice
- Just plug in your compatible digital music player, USB drive or SD card and browse your music collection using voice commands.
- Say “Bluetooth® audio” and you can listen wirelessly to whatever’s on your phone, even Pandora® internet radio.
- You could have incoming texts read to you with audible text messaging.
- Voice/touch climate control means you can just tell SYNC with MyFord Touch your preferred temperature and it will adjust to suit you.
- 911 Assist® can use your connected mobile phone to call 911.
2015 Ford Mustang Infographic