Mustang Blue Instrument Panel Bulb Lenses (1967-1970) Installation Instructions
2. Once it's out, turn the Mustang instrument panel
over and remove the black screws along the perimeter. Also, remove the windshield wiper switch assembly. The wiper handle on the front has a small Allen wrench retainer screw.
4. Unpack the new Scott Drake
bulb lenses. My instrument cluster has seven lenses but the kit has eight.
6. Use a Phillips head screw driver to remove an original bulb lens and replace it with a new one. Repeat for all seven lenses.
7. This photo compares the original, cloudy lens with a new, clear lens that will allow more light to shine though.
8. I had to loosen the speedometer and fuel gauges with a 3/8” wrench in order to remove the lenses behind them. It wasn’t necessary to completely remove the gauges.
10. The images below compare the instrument cluster lighting with the original lenses on the left compared to the new Mustang Scott Drake Blue Instrument Panel Bulb Lenses
on the right. The differences aren’t very noticeable in these photos, however I could see an improvement. The gauges are much brighter now. Enjoy!