Mustang Front Rocker Panel Extension (1965-1968) Installation Instructions
3. Using a center punch, try to center on each spot weld in the Mustang rocker panel
and make a small indention.
4. Using a drill and Mustang spot weld cutter
, center the cutter over each spot weld and drill through the inner rocker panel, being careful not to drill through the metal behind it.
5. Using the cut-off wheel, cut the inner rocker panel from the remainder of the Mustang full rocker panel
, far enough back towards the door so that you have room to fit the rocker extension.
6. Remove the inner rocker panel section.
7. Locate the spot welds on the inside of the rocker extension and drill them out.
8. Locate the spot welds on the outside of the rocker extension and drill them out.
9. Using a chisel and hammer, work the metal loose and remove the rocker extension.
10. After the removal of the old rocker extension, test fit the new piece to verify it's fit. Once the fit is acceptable, proceed to prep the new piece with Mustang paint
11. Weld the new Mustang rocker panel
in using the holes that were created in the removal of the old piece.
12. Replace the inner rocker panel and weld it in using the hole created during removal. The spot where you cut the piece from the inner panel will require stitch welding to complete the repair.