Mustang RTR License Plate Surround (2013) Installation Instructions
2013 Mustang RTR License Plate Surround
The RTR License Plate Surround will fit all 2013 Mustangs.
Add some of the look from the RTR Mustang to your 2013 Mustang V6, GT, GT500, GT/CS or Boss 302 Mustang with this License Plate Surround. While installation does require some permanent modifications to the rear fascia, it will not interfere with your license plate light and is 50-state legal. If you're looking for some additional style on your 2013 Mustang, the RTR License Plate Surround is perfect.
1. To start installing your new Mustang RTR License Plate Surround
, remove the license plate screws and license plate using a flat headed screw driver. Save the screws, as you will reuse them when reinstalling the license plate onto your RTR insert!
2. Remove the upper license plate light cover. It just pops out with trim tabs, then, using your Phillips head screw driver, there are four screws to be removed, two on each license plate light assembly. After removing the screws, set them and license plate light assemblies to the side.
3. Using your hooked trim tool, insert it through one of the license plate holes and pull straight back quickly and firmly to detach it from the Mustang rear bumper cover
. This will cause one edge of the license insert to pop out. Immediately grab the edge that pops out firmly and continue to pull straight back. The insert panel will eventually pop out. As it pops out, remove the license plate light wiring assembly from the two push in connectors on the back of the insert. Then use the supplied zip ties to secure it out of the way.
4. Follow the instructions provided by Classic Design Concepts
and use your scissors cut out the trim template. Cut it out all the way to the edges. Mock it up using small pieces of tape, using the upper and lower holes in the inset factory holes as guides. Use your marker to mark where you will be cutting. Be sure to remove the template carefully, as you will reuse it for the other side.
5. Having marked out the area to be cut, use your drill and a bit big enough for your saws blade to clear and drill a guide hole in each corner of the area you marked to be cut out. Then use your saw to cut the area out. After cutting, simply flip the template over and mark/cut out the other side.
6. Test fit your RTR license plate surround, insuring it fits into the holes you cut out and doesn’t catch or bind anywhere on the Mustang rear bumper cover
. If the holes are too small, use your saw or a file to enlarge them as needed.
7. The RTR license plate surround simply snaps into place. Push firmly, ensuring all of the tabs are in. Then reinstall your license plate lights and snap the cover into place over them. Reattach your license plate and sit back and enjoy the your new Mustang RTR License Plate Surround