Mustang Stock Style Headlight Kit (1987-1993) Installation Instructions
1. To start the installation of your new Mustang Stock Style Headlight Kit
, pop the hood and find the nuts that hold each light on. There will be three nuts on each headlight, and two nuts on the other four lights (marker lights and parking lights).
2. Start by removing the three nuts holding on the Mustang headlights
. Do this using either a ratchet or a crescent wrench, depending on how much room you have to maneuver your hands. After all three are removed, slowly pull the headlight straight out.
3. Disconnect the light cord by pulling the plug from the socket. After this, you may completely pull the headlight unit out.
4. Once the unit is out, turn the circular cap a quarter turn, take it off, and then pull the headlight bulb out.
6. Next, move on to the parking and marker lights. Each of these are held on by two nuts, which can be removed with a ratchet or a crescent wrench. After the nuts are removed, the bulb must be removed. To do this, turn the rubber piece that holds the bulb a quarter turn and pull the bulb out. Now you may remove the light.
7. Before the lights may be installed, the new Mustang headlights
must be attached to their mounting brackets. To do this, match the screw heads from the bracket up to the holes on the headlight and attach the three retaining clips with a pair of needle nose pliers.
8. Next, push the Mustang headlight bulb
into its case and then put its circular cap back over it. Push down and turn a quarter turn to lock it in.
9. The new headlights may now be installed. First, plug the cord back into the plug, then match the screws up with the holes and screw the Mustang headlight mounting nuts
10. Finally, put the marker and parking lights back in place. Match the bulbs up in the holes and turn the rubber piece a quarter turn to lock them in. Match the screws up with the holes and screw the nuts into place.