Mustang American Autowire Highway 22 Complete Wiring Kit Universal
Part Number: 500695
American Autowire Highway 22 Complete Universal Wiring Kit.
The Highway Series was developed to handle the most demanding power requirements and accessories. With the Highway Series, you the have the most flexibility in fusebox placement, and the freedom to customize your vehicle however you like. The Highway Series is perfect for street rod wiring, custom jobs, and projects that require more power than other systems can provide. Each Highway Series wiring kit comes with complete, easy to understand instructions to guide you through every step. Steps are divided into individual labeled bags, each containing everything you need to complete the step, keeping you organized and getting you on the road faster.
The Highway 22 Panel packs all of the punch of a high-powered OEM system into a smaller, easy-to-install and extremely compact front loading package. It is extremely versatile for Street Rods, Custom Cars and Kit Cars. The components used in this panel far exceed the power handling capabilities of any other manufacturer’s system. Easy clamp-style system makes adding and removing wires easy! No Terminals! No Crimping! No Screws!
The Highway 22 Complete Wiring Kit includes all the necessary wiring for headlights including a three position headlight switch; a 40 amp electric fan or fuel pump relay; heavy duty power and accessory expansion; micro-relays for horns and turn signals; an accessory harness for radio, electric wipers, heater, air conditioning, fuel pump, and interior lighting. This kit also contains a floor mounted dimmer switch; an ignition switch that has been designed for either dash or column mounting, and includes all the connectors and terminals.
- Modular wiring system
- 22 power circuits supported through 16 fuses. Up to 4 circuit breakers may be used
- Battery and accessory power tap studs provided for system expansion
- Panel protected with a 175 amp Mega-Fuse junction block with a 8 gauge panel feed wire
- Nylon mechanically secured panel containing secondary push-back locks, has a 7-1/2" x 4-1/2" footprint, 3-3/8" in height, and mounted on a (G10) non-conductive epoxy base
- All power buss bars are constructed of 6 gauge copper
- All wires are constructed from heat resistant (-60F - +275F)
- GXL heavy-wall wire with laser printed circuit identification every 2 inches
- GM color coded wires for ease of installation
- All power circuits wires are 12 gauge constructed
- New front loaded vibration proof self-locking (Hooke's Law) screw down terminal connection
- Dedicated battery and ignition circuits for electronic fuel injection (EFI) Kit contains 3 relays (Horn, Turn Signal & 40 amp Electric Fan or Fuel Pump)
- Turn signal and hazard flasher circuits provided
- 8 gauge alternator feed wire provided
- The kit is set-up for a GM "SI" internally regulated alternator or GM 1-wire
- Alternator diode is also provided
- Kit includes 3 (In-dash Ignition, Headlight & Alum. Knob and Floor Dimmer) switches
- GM in-column ignition switch connectors provided, along with 3-7/8" GM steering column connectors with male and female terminals
- Plugs directly in most 1969-1974 GM column and most aftermarket steering columns or use the terminals and connector provided to mate to any column
- Spare circuits available (for power windows, locks, cruise, etc.)
- Full color schematic of overall vehicle wiring along with individual harness sub-kit instructions for trouble-free installation
Chassis Wiring Includes: Fuel pump, Electric fan, Headlights, Running lights, Brake lights, 3rd brake light, Directional signals, License plate, Radio, Heat & AC and Wipers.
Engine Compartment Wiring Includes: Oil pressure, Water temp, Tachometer, Starter, Neutral safety, Brake switch, Ignition switch, Distributor (GM HEI or Points), Coil, Main power and Alternator.
*This is not a direct fit for Mustangs, but a custom complete wiring kit that would work best for a Street Rod or Muscle Car that does not have a direct replacement harness available.