1968 Mustang Wiring
If your 1968 Mustang’s wiring and electrical equipment is damaged, you won’t be able to use the important components that rely on it. Your lights, air conditioning and cigarette lighter are all examples of auxiliary components that depend on your car’s electrical system to function. A short circuit or unprotected wire could turn into a costly mistake if left unfixed. Whether you are looking to perform a complete replacement of your 1968 Mustang’s wiring harness, repair a bad connection or protect your new aftermarket equipment, you’ll find an outstanding selection of electrical parts and accessories at great low prices right here at CJ Pony Parts.
1968 Electrical & Wiring
Keep Your Pony Properly WiredThe factory 1968 Mustang wiring system is fairly simple compared to the highly complex wiring systems you’ll find on modern cars, but there are still lots of things that can break or wear down.
• Full Wiring Harnesses: If you’re performing a full replacement of your car’s wiring harness, take a look at the Classic Upgrade Kit from American Automotive. This kit is designed to replace your 1968 Mustang’s wiring harness using modern technology that delivers peace of mind with the vintage appearance you want. All components are designed to use stock mounting locations, so you won’t need to make modifications to restore full functionality to your pony’s accessories.
• Distributor Leads: If your car’s distributor lead is damaged, you might not be able to start or run your car reliably. Pick up an affordable and easy-to-install replacement and get back on the road.
• Light Wiring: Perhaps your car’s headlights or taillights are in need of new wiring, or you’ve installed a new set of fog lights on a car that didn’t come wired for them from the factory. Pick up everything you need to make sure they’ll provide reliable visibility every time.
• Instrument Cluster Wiring: Your pony’s gauges provide important information that keeps you safe on the road and alerts you to mechanical issues. We carry instrument cluster wiring harnesses with and without tachometer wiring, as well as instrument panel lighting equipment and dimmer switches.
• Horns: No one likes having to use it, but a horn is a valuable asset if you need to avoid an accident. If yours isn’t working, we carry a number of options that will work in unison with your stock or modified wiring harness.
• Clips, retainers and grommets: When working on your 1968 Mustang’s wiring system, it’s a good idea to have some of these parts around. We all know how they like to break and get lost over the years, but thankfully they won’t cost you much. Stock up before your next job and make sure everything stays in place.
Get the quality you need at the right price with new wiring components from CJ Pony Parts.
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, or 1973 for additional options.