1970 Mustang Tires
1970 Mustang Tires
We can’t say enough about the importance of adequate grip with a performance car. All of the power and handling potential in the world is useless if your car can’t grab the ground under acceleration, cornering and braking. Over 40 years after it was produced, your 1970 Mustang certainly has been through a fair number of tires. There’s a good chance your pony car is due for a new set. CJ Pony Parts carries tires for all generations of Mustangs, including some popular choices for the classic first-generation such as your 1970 model.
- BFGoodrich Tire Radial T/A RWLFrom $140.99
- BFGoodrich Tire G-Force Sport COMP-2From $98.99
- Cooper Tire Cobra Radial G/T RWLFrom $102.53
- Nitto Tire Invo Series Street RadialFrom $158.55
- Nitto Tire NT555R Series Drag RadialFrom $167.99
- Nitto Tire NT05R Series Drag RadialFrom $219.99
- BFGoodrich Tire Premier TouringFrom $116.99
- BFGoodrich Tire Redline RadialFrom $224.19
Decide How You’re Going to Use ItThe best way to start your tire-selection process is to think about how you will be using your Mustang. Certain tires are designed specifically for different types of racing, while others lend themselves to relaxed, comfortable cruising:
• Drag tires are an absolute must for drag racers. Street tires are not only inadequate (in grip and durability), they’re also not even allowed on the track.
• Racing tires are designed for maximum grip. If you plan to race, a set of these tires from some big racing names will give you a huge advantage.
• Touring tires are the best compromise of quality, comfort and durability. They suit many Mustang enthusiasts who enjoy exciting weekend cruising.
• Retro-styled tires (such as whitewalls and redwalls) can really help keep that classic Mustang look. If “showroom stock” is your goal, we’ve got the tires for you.
It’s common for classic Mustang guys and gals to have a few different sets of tires, so that they can pick and choose depending on how they’re using their Mustang. Think about where you’ll be driving your Mustang and see if a few unique sets wouldn’t be a plus for you.
How CJ Pony Parts Makes It EasierAfter choosing your wheels, you might also want to visit the “wheels” section of our online catalog. We carry many sizes and styles of wheels, as well as wheel mounting hardware and accessories. With full pictures, detailed descriptions, pricing information and help available online or by phone, you really will have all of the info necessary to place your order.
Whenever it’s time for new tires for your 1970 Mustang, remember to check out CJ Pony Parts. We are constantly adding to our parts catalog, so check back often to see what else we can offer you in the way of excellent tires for your ’Stang!
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1972, or 1973 for additional options.