Don't go through the trouble of patching and repairing large portions of your 1967-1968 Fastback Mustang's body when you could easily replace damaged sections! This CJ Classics trunk corner 3649DBWT with a weld-thru primer finish is the perfect direct replacement for your worn and rusted original. The trunk corner will join the top of the quarter panel and the top of the taillight panel. As with all bodywork and sheet metal projects, this trunk corner may require some adjustments or modifications to be a perfect fit to your Mustang.
This trunk corner is constructed of high-quality stamped steel and will arrive to you in CJ Classics' premium Weld-Thru Primer for easier painting down the road. There are many advantages of the weld-thru primer, such as preventing resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel, resulting in failure at the weld borders. Lower resistance at the weld surface also allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities.
Features and Benefits:
- Weld-Thru Primer Reduces Prep Time and Splatter
- Lower Distortion of the Panels
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Beneficial When Welding a New Panel to Old Metal
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Direct Replacement
- Durable Stamped Steel Construction