Premium Standard Interior Kit with TMI Standard Upholstery 1965
Premium Standard Interior Kit with TMI Standard Upholstery for 1965 Mustangs.
We put together the most complete interior kits you can get for your 1965 Mustang. This is your one stop for a full interior restoration with the best quality parts money can buy. Our complete Premium Interior Kits feature high quality parts from TMI, Scott Drake and other pieces made from Ford Tooling. After the installation of a Premium Standard Interior Kit, your Mustang's interior will look and feel just like it did in 1965.
- Full set of TMI seat upholstery with seat backs
- Pair of TMI front bucket seat foam with molded listing wires
- 250 hog rings with pliers
- Outside aluminum seat side shield trim with mounting kit
- ACC Carpets two-piece carpet (Multiple options available) (Three-piece folddown seat carpet is included for Fastbacks)
- Original style die-cut underlayment for carpet, rear seat and differential area
- Ford Tooling dash pad
- Pair of TMI premium door panels
- Door panel clips
- Watershield set
- Pair of TMI original material sunvisors
- TMI Moonskin Grain vinyl headliner (Coupe and Fastback kits only)
- Headliner insulation (Coupe and Fastback kits only)
- TMI upholstered package tray with insulation and mounting hardware (Coupe only)
- 16ft of TMI premium quality windlace
- Pair of Ford Tooling door sill plates with decals and screws
- Pair of kick panels and insulation
- Scott Drake interior screw kit (See below for screws included)
- Armrest kit (colored armrest pads, chrome bases and mounting hardware)
- TMI Sierra Grain vinyl quarter trim upholstery (Convertibles only)
Coupe Screw Kit Includes: Pillar trim, kick panels, coat hooks, sunvisor brackets and rear view mirror, door sill plates and windshield trim
Convertible Screw Kit Includes: Kick panels, coat hooks, sunvisor brackets and windshield, rear view mirror, door sill plates and windshield trim
Fastback Screw Kit Includes: Pillar trim, kick panel, sunvisor brackets and rear view mirror, rear air vent, rear wrap around trim, rear headliner trim, door sill plates and front and rear window trim
TMI's full set of seat upholstery includes upholstery for both front bucket seats and the rear seat. Masonite wood front seat backs are also included for extra strength and long life. TMI's 1965 Standard Upholstery features the correct heavy weight Sierra Grain vinyl, multi-needle precision sewn seams and extruded piping. You can expect long-lasting durability and excellent quality with this upholstery.
Multiple carpet options are available in our Premium Interior Kits from ACC Carpets. All carpet has a jute backing attached to the underside and heel and to pads. You can choose standard carpet with or without mass back or cut pile with or without mass back. Standard carpet uses an 80% Nylon/20% Rayon mix with a jute backing just like the original. Mass back incorporates a tough, rubber layer between the carpet and the jute insulation that increases the form and rigidity of the carpet, while decreasing road noise. It virtually eliminates the need for Dynamat. Mass back increases the moldability, sound deadening and insulation. Cut pile carpet is similar to what is found in most domestic vehicles since 1974. ACC Carpet's nylon cut pile is constructed from 100% top quality Dupont yarn. The material is tufted on an 1/8" gauge machine with 14 ounces of yarn per square yard. It is then dyed using the finest dyes available and tested for ozone humidity fading and light fastness. Cut pile carpet will help modernize the look and feel of the interior in your classic Mustang.
Original style, die-cut underlayment is included to finish off the floor, rear seat and differential area with a perfect fit. All pieces have an asphalt layer with needled cotton just like they did from the factory.
TMI premium door panels are made with Masonite MDF wood backing which holds its shape for the ultimate in lasting quality. Masonite is extremely rigid, durable and unaffected by moisture.TMI door panels are made from heavy 30-32 ounce OEM Sierra grain vinyl and feature original style heat seam line patterns and the original embossing effects that looks like they were done in the original Ford factory.
TMI's original material sunvisors will feature a friction hinge built within each visor, a strong Masonite inner core and stainless steel end clips. The coupe and fastback sunvisors use correct Moonskin Grain vinyl and convertibles use correct Sierra Grain vinyl.
Coupe interior kits also include a TMI package tray upholstered with 30-32 ounce Sierra Grain vinyl to match the upholstery. Original package trays were not covered with a vinyl.
TMI's windlace is constructed of premium quality vinyl with a metal core that holds its original shape, making it clean up easily and resist wearing.