The 2003-2004 Mustang Mach 1 came from the factory with an impressive 305 horsepower and 320 lb/ft of torque. This Satin finish Vortech Supercharger System (4FR218-120L) can safely increase this to 484 horsepower and 420 lb./ft. of torque with a fully integrated air to water charge cooling system. This provides cooler, denser air to the engine.
Features and Benefits
- Vortech gear driven supercharger with SQ technology provides quiet operation and unmatched reliability
- Technologically advanced, high-efficiency impeller and housing design developed in Vortech's supercharger test cell
- Integrated air/water, dual-pass charge cooler configuration allows for additional horsepower gains and features maintenance-free design(High output systems)
- Oil feed and oil drain assemblies deliver the best possible lubrication and cooling for the supercharger, even under sustained boost conditions
- Inlet and discharge duct connections utilize heat resistant silicon sleeves and premium quality stainless steel clamps
- OEM-type cast aluminum mounting bracket for "factory-installed" appearance and rigidity
- High-flow bypass valve provides surge-free compressor operation
Vortech’s 2003-2004 Mach 1 system features their ultra-efficient V-3 compressor. Continual development in the test lab resulted in the Si model, which achieves a peak adiabatic efficiency of 78%. The “i” stands for improved and with its new, patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 Si literally blows away the competition. High efficiency means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability. All V-3 series superchargers have a self-contained lubrication system that makes installation fast and easy.
- Tuner Kit does NOT include fuel pump, fuel injectors, MAF or ECU programmer.
- This item is not CARB (California Air Resource Board) exempt and is not legal for sale or use in the state of California.