Convertible Top Hydraulic Motor Assembly 1994-2004

CJ's Part Number: CTM1
MSRP: $289.99
CJ's Low Price:
1477180800 9682
Earn 245 RPM Points What's this?
Convertible Top Hydraulic Motor Assembly 1994-2004

Product Description

Convertible Top Hydraulic Motor Assembly for all 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002. 2003 and 2004 Convertible Mustangs.

This convertible top hydraulic system features a new, not re-manufactured, pump. The entire assembly is comprised of a complete motor, pump and reservoir.

Includes a three year manufacturer warranty when used with brake fluid. Use of Mercon Dextron III automatic transmission fluid increases the warranty to 5 years.

Made in the USA!

Similar Mustang Parts

similar Mustang parts More Mustang Parts  

Installation Instructions

Mustang Installation

Mustang Applications

This product will fit the following Ford Mustang years:

Product Reviews

Write a review
Convertible Top Hydraulic Motor Assembly 1994-2004 is rated 3.5 out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Motor works great with minor modification Let me start by saying I NEVER give 5 stars. I had to make a minor modification because connector was not same. Snipped the new one and crimped the old connector to new motor. Put a pan under motors when removing. There will be some ATF dripping from both the old and new motor. The motor finally solved my problem after replacing the switch followed by the relays. Turns out it was the motor (burnt armature worked when hit with aggressive pound of fist) That finally got old.
Date published: 2016-08-25
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Bad packaging The motor seems to work okay,so far, however, the shipping box was without packaging and the motor was hanging out of the box when delivered.
Date published: 2015-10-30
  • 2016-10-23T08:13CST
  • bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.4.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_2
  • loc_en_US, sid_CTM1, PRD, sort_relevancy
  • clientName_cjponyparts
  • bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 36.08ms

Product Questions

My convertible will retract but it will not recover over my car on its on will this part help?

Asked by: KBIGSEAN22
Check the oil in the reservoir of the motor first and check for any binding in the top frame joints before replacing the motor.
Answered by: rk cjpp
Date published: 2016-10-07

How do I replace the motor/pump assembly?

Asked by: Rob5808
Here is a link to the installation video.
Answered by: rk cjpp
Date published: 2016-08-01

conv power top motor

i was told the cylinders leak on the power top motor is it cost effective to buy new motor or just replace the cylinders?
Asked by: Davej07
The cylinders are located behind the quarter trim panels, you only need to replace the cylinders unless the motor leaks or struggles to close the top.
Answered by: rk cjpp
Date published: 2016-06-10

Where do I find the hydraulic pump/motor assy. And cylinders. I know that one or the other needs replacement, but I don't know where to start.  

Asked by: dons gt
The motor is behind the rear seat back and the cylinders are behind the quarter trim panels.
Answered by: rk cjpp
Date published: 2016-02-29

What is the proper method for bleeding hydraulic system after replacing hoses?

Asked by: markc1963
Check out this video, here: The process will be very similar regardless of model year. The bleeding process is explained around the 8:30 mark of the video.
Answered by: CJPP Dave
Date published: 2015-12-11

How do you know that it's the motor that's bad. It still raises but very slow and it requires some help. If this is hydraulic where is the container and how can you check it.

Asked by: GWG1
The reservoir is on the opposite side of the motor, there is a rubber plug at the top of the reservoir, check the fluid with the top down and fill with automatic trans fluid, if there is nothing binding in the top itself than the motor is probably wore out.
Answered by: rk cjpp
Date published: 2015-11-04

Hi, what pressure (psi) does the pump produce? 

Asked by: steffen
Unfortunately, we don't have that data available to us.
Answered by: CJ Pony Parts
Date published: 2015-09-09

Can I just get the rubber plug to the end of unit.

Asked by: wayncnty
No, that's not available separately.
Answered by: CJ Pony Parts
Date published: 2015-08-05
  • 2016-10-23T08:19CST
  • bvseo_cps, prod_bvqa, vn_cps_3.4.0
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_11
  • loc_en_US, sid_CTM1, PRD, sort_recentAnswersFirst
  • clientName_cjponyparts
  • bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 30.55ms

You Might Also Like