Product DescriptionDynacorn Firewall Assembly In Weld-Thru Primer for 1965-1966 Mustang Coupes and Fastbacks.
This is a complete firewall panel which includes the entire vertical panel up to the cowl and the two toe board panels that attach to the floor boards. Heavy gauge stamped steel construction with a weld-thru primer finish.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy’s problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
An original 1965-1966 Coupe and Fastback firewall had a flange on the sides where it meets the A pillar. Our replacement firewalls do not have this flange so you will be required to fabricate it. However, installing torque boxes (recommended) will fill the gap and you can simply seam seal the space instead of fabricating a flange.
*Requires modifications to fit convertibles.
Similar Mustang PartsMore Mustang Misc. Sheet Metal
- Overall Rating: 4 / 5
- 2 Reviews
This is a good fit, and thick metal. the only thing wrong is the mounting holes for the emergency brake are located in the wrong place and the heater holes are to large.CJ should identify these defects like most of the other vendors do.
The weld thru primer makes install of these pieces a lot quicker. Thick metal, fit well.