Mustang BBK GT Twin 62mm Throttle Body (2005-2009) Installation Instructions
2005-2009 Mustang GT BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body
This Twin 62mm Throttle Body from BBK will fit all 2005-2009 GT Mustangs.
Depending on vehicle and application, this BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body can get 7-12 additional horsepower for your Mustang! It comes from the world's number one throttle body manufacturer for the Mustang, and is CNC machined from high quality 356 aluminum castings to guarantee perfect quality and fit, every time. This part is a direct replacement on 2005-2009 Mustangs, and comes with every piece necessary to do the job.
1. To start installing your new Mustang BBK 1763 Twin 62mm Throttle Body
, pop the hood, disconnect the negative terminal from the battery, and locate your stock throttle body, which will be removed soon. To start the removal process, loosen all of the factory hose clamps on the stock air box. Then, disconnect the PCV hose and MAF sensor.
2. Once those are disconnected, remove the stock air box and intake tube. Once they are gone, you will have a clear view of the stock throttle body. Remove the TPS sensor from it using a Torx bit and place it off to the side, since you will need it for the new BBK throttle body. You also will need to remove the electric motor from the stock throttle body by using a screw driver, also setting it aside for the new BBK throttle body.
3. Once everything is removed from the Mustang throttle body
, you can unbolt it from the manifold. Use your ratchet and 8mm socket to remove the four bolts that hold the throttle body to the manifold, then pull it off.
4. Before installing your new BBK
throttle body, attach the TPS sensor and the electric motor that were removed earlier. Then, set your new BBK throttle body in place and bolt it in using the same four bolts from the old throttle body.
5. Reconnect all your electrical connections by simply plugging everything in, then reinstall your stock air box and intake tube following the same steps you used to remove it. Tighten all of the hose clamps and reconnect the PCV hose and MAF sensor. Reconnect the battery, then start your car and make sure everything is running properly, and that there are no leaks. The installation of your new Mustang BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body
is now complete!