Mustang Heater Control Panel Assembly (1968) Installation Instructions
1968 Mustang Heater Control Panel Assembly
This Black Heater Control Panel Assembly will fit 1968 Mustangs that do not have air conditioning.
The new Heater Control Panel Assembly comes in a black camera case finish and has chrome heater control knobs and heater switch, and comes with a wiring pigtail. It does not fit 1968 Mustang with air conditioning.
1. To start the installation of your new Mustang Heater Control Panel Assembly
, you need to remove the original heater control assembly. To do that, there are two Phillips head screws at the top and two at the bottom to remove.
2. It is not necessary to remove the Mustang instrument panel
, but the remaining photos show the cluster removed, which helps see elements of this installation a little more clearly. This is what the heater control assembly opening looks like with the assembly removed.
3. After all four screws are out, pull the heater control assembly out. You will have to unplug the three conductor electrical plug and remove each of the three heating control cables. Then, attach the cables and connect the plug on the new heater control panel assembly.
5. The original and reproduction heater control assembly are shown side by side for comparison. The new assembly is great quality and well made.
6. The wiring diagram (below) illustrates where the three conductors terminate for the heater switch control. The plug on the dash wiring harness that connects to the heater control assembly is labeled “HEATER SWITCH”.