Mustang Front Window Crank (1968-1970) Installation Instructions
1. To begin installing your new Mustang Front Window Crank
, you need to attach the crank knobs onto the new door handles. If you are reusing the old ones, start by removing it by removing the screw and mounting pin.
4. The retaining pin goes on the back of the window crank, the spring washer goes on the front, then the knob goes on last.
5. A vice was used to crimp the knobs onto the new window crank. One could also use a c-clamp or a large pair of channel locks. I wrapped the handles with a shop towel before applying pressure.
6. To install this new Mustang window component
, first remove the old window crank. Pry off and discard the center crank cover (mine didn’t have one). Then use a Phillips head screwdriver to remove the retaining screw. Then simply remove the handle.
7. Attach the new front window cranks. Place a new handle with a lubricated, plastic bushing on the window crank shaft. Attach the new window crank with the Mustang window crank hardware
, then cover the screw opening with the provided brushed metal cover.