American Autowire Wiring Kit With Switches Complete F-100 1973-1979
- Complete Kit With Switches
- Completely Updated System
- Modernizes Eectrical System
- Fits All 1973-1979 F-100s
American Autowire Complete Wiring Kit with Switches for all 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 and 1979 F-100s.
If the electrical system in your 1973-1979 F-100 is in need of some repairs, be sure to pick up this all-in-one American Autowire Complete Wiring Kit with Switches to get the job done! It comes with just about everything you need to replace the old and faulty wiring in your F-100 with completely updated wires!
Features & Benefits:
- Complete Kit with Switches
- Replaces Old, Faulty Wiring with Completely Updated System
- Helps Modernize Electrical System
- Fits All 1973-1979 F-100s
- Works with Original and Most Aftermarket Gauges
- Works with Factory and Most Aftermarket Steering Columns
- Includes Instructions
This American Autowire (510342) Complete Wiring Kit with Switches is a complete kit that will help you modernize your classic F-100’s electrical system. It works with your original gauges, as well as most aftermarket ones, and it’ll also work with your factory and most aftermarket steering columns. This kit includes a fuse box, a standard turn signal flasher, a replacement headlight switch, instrument cluster wiring, a floor dimmer switch and much more!
This Kit Includes:
- Replacement headlight switch with internal 25-amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft and custom knob.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher and horn relay mounted on harness.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location with no mods to firewall. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all aftermarket accessories such as gauge packages, wiper systems, heating and air-conditioning systems, etc.
- Many original switch connector bodies: an American Autowire exclusive feature.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns or stock 1973-1979 Ford columns using adapter and terminals.
- Separate under-dash courtesy lamp assemblies for use along with original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument cluster wiring designed with “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals will plug into the original cluster connector (another American Autowire exclusive) provided for stock cluster connections. The system also connects into most popular aftermarket gauges such as Dakota Digital, Classic Instruments, AutoMeter, VDO and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into main harness at left kick panel location and American Autowire’s longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and taillight lead wires and connectors. New tail lamp socket, side marker lamp socket pigtail extensions, license plate lamp lead connection and fuel tank sender lead connection also included.
- New floor dimmer switch provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodates original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke and electric speedometer (if needed). Heavy-gauge alternator feed and fusible link also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM-style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders.
- Front lighting includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking light and directional light leads, along with switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with A/C) provided. Mating terminals and connectors also provided for custom installation. New parking lamp socket and side marker lamp socket pigtail extensions also included.
- New ignition switch with indexed connector.
- New windshield wiper switch with indexed connector and motor leads included, which must be mated to stock motor (mating connector and terminals included).
- New door jamb switch pigtails and switches.
Please Note: This kit does not support ammeters.
Order an American Autowire (510342) Complete Wiring Kit with Switches for your 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978 or 1979 F-100 from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning