If you are restoring a 1965-1966 Mustang that has extensive structural damage, you will most likely need full outer rocker panels. CJ Classics' full-length outer rocker panel is 63" long and will provide a much more application specific fit over the basic 1965-1970 outer rocker panels. The high-quality outer rocker panel offers increased structural support due to the higher gauge of steel and features a weld-thru primer finish.
The rocker panel is located underneath the door and runs from the front of the rear wheelhouse to the rear of the front fender.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders