If you’re restoring a classic 1967-1968 Mustang, chances are you’re going to be replacing a lot of its body and sheet metal, especially the parts that are rusty. So if you’re in the process of restoring the taillight area, don’t forget to pick up this CJ Classics Taillight Panel Brace in Weld-Thru Primer that’s now available from CJ Pony Parts!
Features & Benefits:
- Fits All 1967-1968 Mustangs
- Made of Heavy Gauge Steel with Weld-Thru Primer Coating
- Pre-Stamped Holes: Oblong Holes for Trunk Latch Assembly, Large Hole for Fuel Filler Neck, Etc.
- Gets Welded to Trunk Brace and Taillight Panel
- Braces Taillight Panel and Keeps It Rigid
- Helps Keep Truck Latched
- Easy to Install with Quicker Prep Time
This CJ Classics (3649MWT) Taillight Panel Brace in Weld-Thru Primer is designed to fit all 1967-1968 Mustangs. It’s made of heavy gauge steel and has a pre-applied Weld-Thru Primer coating, as well as pre-stamped holes that make it easier to prep and install. This taillight panel brace gets welded to your Mustang’s trunk brace and taillight panel, helping to keep the taillight panel rigid and your trunk latched!
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
Order a CJ Classics (3649MWT) Taillight Panel Brace in Weld-Thru Primer for your 1967-1968 Mustang from CJ Pony Parts today!