This all-new CJ Classics Rear Trunk Brace 3649GWT welds in at the rear of the trunk area to connect and brace superior trunk floors (3649F and 3649E). The trunk brace is constructed of high-quality stamped steel just like the original and ensures that the trunk on your 1965-1970 Mustang is fully supported. Designed exclusively for Coupe and Fastback models, this replacement brace is an absolute must when you restore the trunk area!
This direct-fit reproduction features a weld-thru primer coating for increased durability. There are also many other advantages of the weld-thru primer, such as preventing resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel, resulting in failure at the weld borders. Lower resistance at the weld surface also allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities.
Features and Benefits:
- Weld-Thru Primer Reduces Prep Time and Splatter
- Lower Distortion of the Panels
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Beneficial When Welding a New Panel to Old Metal
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Direct-Fit Reproduction
- Premium-Quality Stamped Steel
- Supports the Trunk