This CJ Classics Driver Side Torque Box 3655AWT features a two-piece design, allowing for easier installation than spot-welded pieces. You can now replace your rusted original with this torque box in a weld-thru primer to prevent rust from developing down the road. The primer also aids in the welding process, reducing splatter and cutting prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the primer.
After years of throttle transfers your torque box can become weak and flexible. This makes the body of your Mustang flex more which in turn causes the frame to twist. This premium-quality reproduction from CJ Classics restores the rigidity of your 1969-1970 Coupe or Fastback Mustang. The three-sided sheet metal piece sits on the driver side of the engine compartment over the rear of the front wheel. Plus, it offers a much better fitment for 1969-1970 Mustangs than other reproduction torque boxes.
Features and Benefits:
- Primer Prevents Resin Build-Up Between Welds
- Lower Resistance at Weld Surface
- Lower Distortion of the Panels
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Direct-Fit Replacement
- Driver Side Specific
- Two-Piece Design Allows Easy Installation