Your flexible, rusty torque box could likely use a replacement after years of throttle transfers. To prevent your Mustang's body from flexing and the frame from twisting, simply replace the worn-out torque box with this Driver Side Two-Piece Torque Box 3655WT from CJ Classics. This torque box is sure to restore the rigidity of your prized 1967-1968 Coupe or Fastback Mustang.
This three-sided sheet metal piece sits on the driver side of the engine compartment over the rear of the front wheel. It offers a superior fitment for 1967-1968 Mustangs compared to other reproduction torque boxes. Two-piece means this torque box is not spot-welded together, making installation easier.
This torque box comes in a weld-thru primer to provide ample rust protection, along with additional advantages. It prevents resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel, resulting in failure at the weld borders. Lower resistance at the weld surface also allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities.
Features and Benefits:
- Weld-Thru Primer Reduces Prep Time and Splatter
- Lower Distortion of the Panels
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Restores Mustang's Rigidity
- Two-Piece Design Allows Easy Installation