Also known as a backup light switch, this Neutral Safety Switch disables the starter operation when the C4 or C6 automatic transmission is not in neutral or park. If your 1967-1969 Mustang engine was allowed to start in gear your Mustang would immediately begin to move once the engine started. Problems with the neutral safety switch may present themselves as the Mustang taking multiple attempts to start, starting in the wrong gear or having to tweak the shifter in a particular way to start the engine. Prevent these sorts of problems with a brand-new neutral safety switch for your Mustang.
Features and Benefits:
- Made for C4 or C6 automatic transmissions
- Made for Mustangs built after December 15, 1966-1969
- Disables operation when not in neutral or park
- Prevents neutral rollback and ignition issues
- Reproduction of original unit
- Includes two (2) alignment holes
This neutral safety switch, or backup light switch, is an amazing reproduction of the original unit. It will help keep your Mustang running as good as new once installed. It features the two (2) alignment holes that are correct to the factory switch.
Tech Tip: Make sure that you route the neutral safety switch wiring away from the exhaust. A common failure is caused by getting too close to the hot exhaust which can melt the wiring.
*Not for use on 1967 Mustangs built before December 15th, 1966.
- 1967-1969 Automatic Mustang with C4/C6 Transmission built after December 15, 1966